PDA

View Full Version : Yogurtslinger!

85_600
03-28-2006, 10:17 PM
Well, I think it’s about time I give my .02 on Yogurtslinger (Bryan).

Overall, I’ll say a GREAT seller!

Now, why I’m posting this now instead of earlier is due to the condition of the 600.

When I first bought it back in Nov. or 2005, the car ran great on the test drive but by the time I got it home I was smelling raw gas out the exhaust. After a quick trip to Autozone and a O2 sensor later, it was running great again.

However, again, I think it may have been me or a combination of things that ultimately did in the 600, for the short term. What you may ask? I had 2 bouts of detonation that, as far as I can tell, with the help of Turbovanman’s diagnosis, I have a cracked piston (At the worst). I may also have some ring problems as well.

When I found this out I posted up in the For Sale section and Bryan saw that. He offered to buy the 600 back and even sent me a substantial down payment to hold it. After a couple months went by, during which I kept in touch with Bryan, he finally gave me the low down on the fact that he couldn’t buy the 600 back. He was so upset that he forgot to PM me sooner and was totally worried that I’d be, well, pissed off. In a way I was upset BUT, 99% of me wasn’t. I have always wanted a turbo charged car and NOW I had the ability to keep the 600 and, the most important part, I NOW have the TIME to work on, since I have bought another car. I have, at the most, 3 years to get it running. It won’t take me that long but at least I have that long to work on it, if need be.

For my lost time in holding the 600 for Bryan he sent me yet another smaller payment, for my time and for some of the rebuild parts.

So, it all comes down to this: Bryan (Yogurtslinger) is a DECENT seller! If given the chance (and if I had the money again) I’d buy from him again, even after this whole situation.

BUY from Yougurtslinger!! You WON’T be disappointed!

turbovanman²
03-29-2006, 03:05 AM
Wow, awesome post. :thumb:

85_600
03-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Wow, awesome post. :thumb:

Yep! I figured since my story was not short I had better include everything that went on with this deal. :thumb:

yogurt_slinger
03-29-2006, 08:33 PM
Thanks Paul, I still feel bad about the whole thing but, now that I got my inheritance, a blue srt-4 (grand national, or iroc R/T) is calling my name. :nod: Thanks for understanding my situation.
PS, I haven't found the headbolts for you yet, garage is really messy. I'm cleaning and looking for those tonight, and hopefully get those shipped to you tomarrow. I'll shoot you an email either way.:thumb:

85_600
03-29-2006, 10:44 PM
Thanks Paul, I still feel bad about the whole thing but, now that I got my inheritance, a blue srt-4 (grand national, or iroc R/T) is calling my name. :nod: Thanks for understanding my situation.

That wouldn't be the old school "Grand National" would it - the Buick GN? If so, just my personal preferance, I'd get that. I'm a bit partial to that body style. Plus they can put the HP numbers down fast:thumb:

j4278h
03-30-2006, 10:53 AM
I'll be more than happy to split the difference that bryan owes you and take that low mileage beast off your hands.:)

I have to throw my 2 cents in on bryan.

Excellent person to deal and he will not hesitate to make everything work out perfect in your transaction. For about 2-3 years bryan and myself have been swapping cars/parts more than swingers swap wives. Every deal with bryan has always went smoothly even when he was giving me a lemon or two (glht and white spirit):banghead:

Actually they weren't lemons but I did end up finding problems that bryan jumped thru a bunch of hoops to make it right even though i never asked.

Just recently my daily driver died on me and bryan had a white spirit that ran and drove that he was looking to sell for a decent amount of money. Bryan knew my situation and offered the car to me on the spot for some odd and end parts that we both new werent of much value, just to help me out and get me some dependable transportation. Then when i couldn't make it to pick up the car, without thinking twice bryan took money out of his own pocket and rented a dolly to bring the car to me free of charge. 2200 miles later and his car is running good and has been excellent transportation.

I consider bryan one of my best friends and he is a true asset to this community.

Now someone sell him a electric blue srt-4 or iroc r/t so i can see him drive a turbo dodge. I've know you this long and don't think i've ever seen you drive your cars.

GO BRYAN:cheer2:

yogurt_slinger
03-30-2006, 06:44 PM
I consider bryan one of my best friends and he is a true asset to this community.

Now someone sell him a electric blue srt-4 or iroc r/t so i can see him drive a turbo dodge. I've know you this long and don't think i've ever seen you drive your cars.

GO BRYAN:cheer2:
LOL, I keep getting lemons and trading them to you.LOL Don't worry, my clutch should be here for the daytona and that will be turboed eventually..
Thanks again for the truely kind words guys, it means alot.:thumb: