PDA

View Full Version : 91 Stealth TT motor in 89 Daytona...

Shelby~Babe
11-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Well I found a TT Stealth motor at a wrecker for cheap, and I was thinking about putting it into my Daytona. With the dodge fwd 3L trans and the right management system how much work is involved in converting the 89 to fast f'ing car?

I know the swap is going to suck! But I'm know the pay off will be awesome.

I just want to know what complications I will have with doing the swap.

Tips much appreciated.

Shelby~Babe.

BIGBRUDDA
11-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Try searching the 3.0 boards . I remember reading someone doing this. About5 years ago. In Texas I believe, to a V6 IROC imposter.
I hear the trans are FRAGILE!

shadow88
11-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Well I found a TT Stealth motor at a wrecker for cheap, and I was thinking about putting it into my Daytona. With the dodge fwd 3L trans and the right management system how much work is involved in converting the 89 to fast f'ing car?

I know the swap is going to suck! But I'm know the pay off will be awesome.

I just want to know what complications I will have with doing the swap.

Tips much appreciated.

Shelby~Babe.

The first obstacle to overcome, is that both the stealth engine and daytona transmission are made to reside on the passenger side of the car.

Obviously, there is way more to figure out beyond this small issue (lol)

In my opinion, leave the stealth engine in the mitsu cars, and spend the money saved on beer. If you want a fast 89 daytona, build a powerful daytona engine.

Vigo
11-03-2008, 10:38 PM
ive seen pics of at least two cars using that engine, but neither one used the stock turbos or exhaust manifolds. i take that to mean that if you swap that motor you wont have clearance to run the stock turbo stuff and you'll be forced to fabricate it yourself. There goes the easy/fun part of the idea :/

shelbyplaya
11-04-2008, 12:32 AM
ive seen pics of at least two cars using that engine, but neither one used the stock turbos or exhaust manifolds. i take that to mean that if you swap that motor you wont have clearance to run the stock turbo stuff and you'll be forced to fabricate it yourself. There goes the easy/fun part of the idea :/

If cars where easy it'll take all the fun out of working on them ;)

I know it can be done. Converting to one big turbo might be in the best intrested anyways. I mean really, a set u p with a basre line of 300/310 at only 8psi in a car that weights 3000lbs. The STOCK VR-4 short block can handel 600AWD Hp. But with a 400Whp goal is verry much possable.

Just gotta figure out the finer details on how to get it in.

I know it CAN be done. The same V6 that comes in the daytonas for years is the SAME motor they use in the base modle/ES stealths. The stealth RT has the same bottum end but with 4 cams, The RT/TT just has 2 turbos attached ;)

rosie
11-04-2008, 12:38 AM
If cars where easy it'll take all the fun out of working on them ;)

I know it can be done. Converting to one big turbo might be in the best intrested anyways. I mean really, a set u p with a basre line of 300/310 at only 8psi in a car that weights 3000lbs. The STOCK VR-4 short block can handel 600AWD Hp. But with a 400Whp goal is verry much possable.

Just gotta figure out the finer details on how to get it in.

I know it CAN be done. The same V6 that comes in the daytonas for years is the SAME motor they use in the base modle/ES stealths. The stealth RT has the same bottum end but with 4 cams, The RT/TT just has 2 turbos attached ;)

Did they make non AWD TT's? I think the trans are mitsu style aka backwards.

The easiest (LOL) way to swap it is to have the rest of that car to pick out wiring harness, trans axles and stuff. Then cut holes in what doesn't want to fit!

Good luck and keep it posted!

bakes
11-04-2008, 03:05 AM
The best way i can think of is pull only the motor , sell the twins turbo and put a single turbo on like Bents set upon his duster ,use a stand alone . the hardest part will be making pass. and front mounts. as for the trans 3.0l 3sp auto or 5sp don't use the stealth trans.
Brent is the guy to ask !

shelbyplaya
11-04-2008, 10:42 AM
The best way i can think of is pull only the motor , sell the twins turbo and put a single turbo on like Bents set upon his duster ,use a stand alone . the hardest part will be making pass. and front mounts. as for the trans 3.0l 3sp auto or 5sp don't use the stealth trans.
Brent is the guy to ask !

We would be useing an A413 or 5spd V6 trans

shelbyplaya
11-14-2008, 12:29 AM
Appernty the V6 TT motor can put out 400AWHP with only a few cheap mods.