PDA

View Full Version : problem with my set up

mikes87t2
11-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Well I have boost and it is consistent now. But compared to a previous Stage 3 I had this stage 5 really blows right now. Spoke with Chris at TU and he suggested extending the arm on the waste gate a tad and to get a boost gauge to see where my boost is. I just have the stock gauge right now. If I go WOT at 80 m.p.h. it cuts out on me. If i let off the gas a little it comes back again. I checked waste gate by plugging it ( no vac ) ran the same. plugged the BOV and it ran the same. played around with fuel reg and got my colors right on the fuel monitor, running about 55 PSI gets it just about right at WOT. The boost on my stock gauge is running above 10 to I would say about 13 or so on the stock gauge. Not sure precisely though without the correct gauge. Just seems to be a huge disappointment. Off the line it is bad. Mid RPMs seem ok. WOT is bad to. But I do have boost. Is it just me or are these stage 5's not all that great off the line and WOT?? Previously I tried a stage 3 on my t1 setup and it ran like a bat out of hell with wheel smoke and all. The stage 5 was supposed to be better so I got it. What are your thoughts or suggestions? Would a stage 3 or 4 be more appropriate or should I get a mopar mod. I am going to go through vac and intercooler connections again today to triple check for leaks and I am going to slightly lengthen the wastegate arm which is a adjustable one.

JamesL
11-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Well I have boost and it is consistent now. But compared to a previous Stage 3 I had this stage 5 really blows right now. Spoke with Chris at TU and he suggested extending the arm on the waste gate a tad and to get a boost gauge to see where my boost is. I just have the stock gauge right now. If I go WOT at 80 m.p.h. it cuts out on me. If i let off the gas a little it comes back again. I checked waste gate by plugging it ( no vac ) ran the same. plugged the BOV and it ran the same. played around with fuel reg and got my colors right on the fuel monitor, running about 55 PSI gets it just about right at WOT. The boost on my stock gauge is running above 10 to I would say about 13 or so on the stock gauge. Not sure precisely though without the correct gauge. Just seems to be a huge disappointment. Off the line it is bad. Mid RPMs seem ok. WOT is bad to. But I do have boost. Is it just me or are these stage 5's not all that great off the line and WOT?? Previously I tried a stage 3 on my t1 setup and it ran like a bat out of hell with wheel smoke and all. The stage 5 was supposed to be better so I got it. What are your thoughts or suggestions? Would a stage 3 or 4 be more appropriate or should I get a mopar mod. I am going to go through vac and intercooler connections again today to triple check for leaks and I am going to slightly lengthen the wastegate arm which is a adjustable one.

Its nearly impossible to tell what you are talking about. Did you buy someting we spec'd out for you? You don't just drop a FWD Stage 5 in. You only run it if you have the proper setup. If you bought a computer from us and are having some issues please call. 281-288-4411.

mikes87t2
11-01-2008, 11:45 PM
I put this in after doing everything that needed to be done. Per Cindy's suggestions and some from others as well. I made sure of that before putting in the stage 5 otherwise it would have likely been a blown motor. I will be calling during the week to see what other suggestions you guys may have but I have done everything that has been suggested to run the stage 5 mod. Not unless I got a different stage by accident or something. We'll talk.