PDA

View Full Version : Gustified decals in the lounge...

LaserXT1986
10-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Can we have Frank supply an answer to this? Or have a mod jump in at the very least to make people aware of WHY this is on hold? Maybe I just cannot make it clear enough repeating myself over and over :mad:

Seems like people need to know WHY these are on hold...instead of having every Tom Dick and Harry offer his uneducated opinion on what should be done and who can and cannot sell things on this site.

Thread:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28701

Thanks!

Clay
10-30-2008, 02:06 PM
I guess Im a bit lost here. Why does Frank need to be involved? Are these going to be sold through turbo-mopar.com???????? as in through the t-m.com store?

If not, you already have permission to make them, so someone just has to sell/distribute them, and make sure the monies go to the correct place, right?

LaserXT1986
10-30-2008, 02:19 PM
I guess Im a bit lost here. Why does Frank need to be involved? Are these going to be sold through turbo-mopar.com???????? as in through the t-m.com store?

If not, you already have permission to make them, so someone just has to sell/distribute them, and make sure the monies go to the correct place, right?

Clay,

As already outlined in that thread, I will elaborate here:

1.) I do not know where it is going to be sold through. That is one of the questions needing to be answered. Another question would be how much.

2.) I do not know which design is going to be used. Gary Donovan has the rights to some older designs back in 2002 on his site, while MaryBeth (Dodge Shadow Chick) offered her services to create a new design. This needs to be decided too, perhaps through a poll, IF it is decided to allow "solicited designs" (one individual like MaryBeth, or many and a vote is taken), or stick to one of the 2002 originals, which are somewhat dated looking. And after that is decided, I need to make sure it is something I can make without much difficulty since I am donating these (i.e., if we allow soliciting, I would need to create a "guidelines" sheet so that people don't go through the trouble only to have it not usable).

3.) What size(s) would be a good idea (this cannot be determined until we figure out which design is being used in #2).

4.) The money issue was never discussed, and I think it is one that should be BEFORE this is started, so that people know WHAT their purchase it going towards. Initially it was to fund funeral costs back in 2002. That is long since past. I personally think the money should go towards an annual SDAC/TM joint award to keep Gus' spirit alive, much like the award at SDAC every year for Larry Cox does. Of course this is only my opinion, but a decision does need to be made as to what people are donating "to". This should involve Gary Donovan as well, since it was his initial project to begin with.

These are all things I would think Frank would need to be involved in since TM would be a major part of it, don't you Clay?