PDA

View Full Version : Very nice formed header collectors.

Mopar318
10-24-2008, 03:12 AM
I ordered a new product from my usual supplier of bends, and pipe for when I do builds for myself, and customers. Im building a turbo manifold for a V6 dakota, so I was in need of a 3-1 collector and my luck they have them. I was really impressed when it came in today. They cost $38, but if you have ever built headers before, and used the normal formed collectors you will see the difference.

I get my stuff from mandrel-bends.com. Just thought I would share my info incase anyone builds tube headers.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/Mopar318/Tona001-2.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/Mopar318/Tona002-2.jpg

Ondonti
10-25-2008, 02:19 AM
the website has no info on their 3-1 collectors

I was thinking about buying some months ago but they didn't have info back then. They still don't.

how did you order them if they have no pricing/sizing?

I want to build a tubular manifold for my v6 in the future and i was wishing they would get more info. I guess you must have contacted them? They might not have a size that is usable for me anyways.

Mopar318
10-25-2008, 07:29 AM
the website has no info on their 3-1 collectors

I was thinking about buying some months ago but they didn't have info back then. They still don't.

how did you order them if they have no pricing/sizing?

I want to build a tubular manifold for my v6 in the future and i was wishing they would get more info. I guess you must have contacted them? They might not have a size that is usable for me anyways.

I called them.

ShadowFromHell
10-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Ive always wondered, how do you weld up the hole in the middle? before you put the 3 tubes in?

Mopar318
10-26-2008, 03:32 PM
Ive always wondered, how do you weld up the hole in the middle? before you put the 3 tubes in?

You cut out a star. and then weld it in between the tubes. Then you run a beand about 1 inch long, and build it up about 1/4" in between the outside of the tubes before slipping it on the collector. Then simply weld around it.

I usually full weld the tubes, then weld them to the flange, then weld on the collector.