PDA

View Full Version : T-3 head studs

overboostmotorsports
10-22-2008, 11:30 AM
what are you guys torquing the arp head studs to with a cometic head gasket ? are you just following the instructions in the box ?

Norm

Lotashelbys
10-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Kinda depends on what kind of boost you are gonna run. I usually go between 75-85 FT/LBs

turbovanmanČ
10-22-2008, 05:29 PM
85 for me too, :nod:

overboostmotorsports
10-22-2008, 06:13 PM
right now STOCK boost level until the car is sorted as this is motor #4 in 4 different cars for the guy !!!!!!!!! this one he bought not running got it running and BAD rod knock !!!!! so 85 it will be.

BTW
The car is the 1992 U.S. dealer show car in white formerly own by Bill Sizemore. if anyone has any info

Norm

inmyshadow
10-22-2008, 07:36 PM
is this the car with painted on pin stripping and iroc decals on the doors?

overboostmotorsports
10-23-2008, 09:43 AM
iroc decals on the doors and did not really look at the pinstripe. it was at standard jy if that is the one your thinking of !!!!!! the turbo was supposed to be blown and was m.i.a other than a few pieces in the back. put a turbo on it and got it running. it is in rough shape outside . interior is in pretty good condition. it has power everything leather and overhead console. no slave cd has a in dash cd (think it maybe newer model year)

Norm

inmyshadow
10-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Those bastards.

I stopped by in the spring about that car. They said the owner wouldn't let it for less then a few grand. They were talking closer for 5 grand. We laughed since the motor was apart, red leather interior is destroyed and needs paint.

I could have sworn the turbo was there when he checked it out in the spring.

It was coming down to building a forge piston motor for the shadow or buy another 92/93 daytona.

iroc decals on the doors and did not really look at the pinstripe. it was at standard jy if that is the one your thinking of !!!!!! the turbo was supposed to be blown and was m.i.a other than a few pieces in the back. put a turbo on it and got it running. it is in rough shape outside . interior is in pretty good condition. it has power everything leather and overhead console. no slave cd has a in dash cd (think it maybe newer model year)

Norm

overboostmotorsports
10-23-2008, 10:34 AM
this is grey leather. the guy scored it for 1500.00 i would have got it but could not get the funds together. plus my 87 project is still going on.

Norm

glht_omni
10-24-2008, 01:42 AM
i did mine at 75lbs instead of the 65lbs, this spring it will be 85lbs as i am hoping to run near 30psi.

overboostmotorsports
10-29-2008, 11:54 PM
the car is running !!!! so another t-3 saved. just finished the rebuild and install on the motor. tomorrow will be the test drive. i will post up some pics when i can retrieve them from my f'd up camera. the ports on the head are VERY interesting in a GOOD way.

Norm

CaptMoe
10-30-2008, 03:05 PM
congrats man...

Blue Iroc R/T
10-30-2008, 03:47 PM
the car is running !!!! so another t-3 saved. just finished the rebuild and install on the motor. tomorrow will be the test drive. i will post up some pics when i can retrieve them from my f'd up camera. the ports on the head are VERY interesting in a GOOD way.

Norm

Norm, please send me pics to add to the Iroc R/t gallery on my site. I never realized that Bill got rid of it. I stopped by his place in Indianapolis on day a couple years ago, but he wasn't home at the time.
Send pics to; Mopar4Evr@neo.rr.com
Thanks for saving another TIII. :hail:

overboostmotorsports
10-31-2008, 11:03 PM
yeah the car is in rough shape still salvagable and no where near as rotted as most it is pretty clean that way at least.
the photos on pbase are nothing what it looks like now. the story goes that he sold it to some kid here in MA for 4500.00 they got it here. i don't know how.the turbo blew they parked it. it was never registered by them. they pulled the turbo ALL apart and left it. mom got sick of it being in the way. my customer bought it , i put a turbo on put 3 QUARTS of oil in and fired it low and behold rod knock. the hood has been damaged paint is peeling (don't most of them !!!!!) fender has been hit and gfx are damaged. my customer tried to call bill and left 3 or 4 messages and has yet to hear back in 2-3 months so who knows. he has not been on TD.com for awhile either.

Norm