PDA

View Full Version : Largest Rampage/Scamp gathering in the world!

2.216VTurbo
10-21-2008, 12:38 PM
So during the San Diego meet a few weeks back Rosie and I were talking about our respective L Body Trucks (he still *knows* that Rampages are better than Scamps any day:p) and we got the idea to get as many of them together as we could. We each knew of 4-5 right off the top of our heads so we made a pact to contact as many L body Trucklett owners as we could and try to wrangle them up to the SoCal November 6th first Thursday Applebees meet:eyebrows: Our goal was 10+ which sounds a bit far fetched considering SDAC only had 4-5 in the last two years, but hey, aim high right:amen:?

We have been shaking the bushes pretty hard to find all the local truck owners and I'd have to say that we are ahead of plan on this:rockon: Most of the owners we've contacted are up for the record setting meet and a couple others we hadn't even thought of have joined in. One guy contacted me thru RampageRunners then yesterday after work, I see a nicely repainted Garnet 84 'Page with chrome 16" rims that I have never seen before. I had to pull a go-around to the other side of the street but found the owner and he is totally down with the meet/club:). He didn't know about us:confused2: (older gent) but has had the truck 15+ years.

We still need any other local club members to pressure anyone they know that owns an L body truck, to get them to the next meet. I'm so confident that we hit the 10 truck mark, I'll wager $100. on it. I'll throw the $100. to any organization of Frank's choosing if we don't make the goal. After all, he and Ken provide us with this stellar forum to reach out to other owners:clap: Whatcha think Frank, deal?:eyebrows:

ForzaV12
10-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Finally, a monthly meet that I can miss.

JK, should be entertaining. Why don't we fill all the beds with our old TD parts and have a parking lot swap meet, or fill them with ice and drinks, or....oh, never mind.

NeonShowCar
10-22-2008, 04:38 PM
I'll remember to bring the camera to this one. Always good times at the meet.

j4278h
10-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Great, Now I know exactly where the 5-6 of the best rampages in the world are.

Time for me to steal a tractor trailer and snatch 'em all at once. :)

rare_ram
10-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Can't wait to see pics!!

2.216VTurbo
10-28-2008, 06:11 PM
2 days away now and there is a new development! As Tyler Durden said, "We now have corporate sponsorship":thumb: There is a company that likes Rampages so much, they are buying dinner for each member that shows up with an L body truck!:partywoot: I think you just show up driving a Rampage/Scamp and you get a ticket good for dinner that night at Applebee's. I couldn't talk them into free drinks though:o...

black86glhs
10-28-2008, 06:20 PM
That would be good enough for me to show up! Oh...wait....I don't have a trucklett.:( Oh....wait.....I don't live in Cali.:(

butchsuppe
10-28-2008, 06:54 PM
:confused2: So whats 2 days away now ? Did I lose a week somewhere ?

2.216VTurbo
10-28-2008, 08:01 PM
:confused2: So whats 2 days away now ? Did I lose a week somewhere ?

Uh whoops, Maybe I should check the Calendar a bit closer:o Butch is right, NEXT Thursday November 6th. Whew, gives me a little more time to find a couple more Rampages:D

jaysshelby
11-02-2008, 11:12 PM
I wish I was close to see and be there for this.

2.216VTurbo
11-02-2008, 11:40 PM
I wish I was close to see and be there for this.

I uploaded my first ever YouTube vid tonight (of the kids) using my Wife's new little Flip Vid camera. I was suprised how easy it was:D... Then she said, you can have that camera if you want it, I don't really need it:) Sooo, I'll take it Thursday night and get some good shots of all the truckletts and make a YouTube Vid, now that I'm an expert and all:clap:...

2.216VTurbo
11-07-2008, 04:23 AM
Six weeks of planning, dozens of phone calls, and a few custom Rampage T shirts and we had "The Gathering" A few couldnt make it last minute, one blew a turbo, and a couple just plain flaked but we had 8 Rampage/Scamps all in one place. We rule:amen:

jaysshelby
11-07-2008, 07:50 AM
Six weeks of planning, dozens of phone calls, and a few custom Rampage T shirts and we had "The Gathering" A few couldnt make it last minute, one blew a turbo, and a couple just plain flaked but we had 8 Rampage/Scamps all in one place. We rule:amen:

Looks cool, where is the rest of the pics?

SoCalCSX
11-07-2008, 07:55 AM
Looks cool, where is the rest of the pics?

Probobly later today, I think I'm the only one that went home and didn't go to bed. Unfortunately I'm not the one with the camera, doh!

cordes
11-07-2008, 10:44 AM
That's great Alan.

2.216VTurbo
11-07-2008, 11:21 AM
There were LOTS of cameras out last night, hopefully those folks will put a few of thier best shots up here. In the last minute rush to get ready, I forgot my Vid camera :( so no YouTube now:(

One of our members stepped up with enough of these awesome shirts for everyone that brought a truck to get one:thumb: You rule Forza:hail:

sdac guy
11-07-2008, 12:07 PM
That's really cool Alan! :thumb:

I think the most of them we've ever had at an SDAC meet was at SDAC-15 where we had 5.

Barry

1FastCSX289
11-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Nice!!!! I was thinking we could bring the school's Rampage out, but then I figured out how long of a drive that would be.

Murphy
11-07-2008, 02:15 PM
couldnt write it off as a buisness trip?

butchsuppe
11-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Yea it was great seeing 8 L-body trucklets lined up.:clap: Congrats to Allan for pulling it off. Congrats to Forza for the shirts.:clap: Had a really good time last night, I hope this Theme thing continues as it makes life more interesting in these hard times. Altough my idea for the next theme probally won't fly. ( big boobs month ).:D

jaysshelby
11-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Yea it was great seeing 8 L-body trucklets lined up.:clap: Congrats to Allan for pulling it off. Congrats to Forza for the shirts.:clap: Had a really good time last night, I hope this Theme thing continues as it makes life more interesting in these hard times. Altough my idea for the next theme probally won't fly. ( big boobs month ).:D

I like how you think. I'd like to see that.:thumb:

88C/S
11-08-2008, 12:27 AM
Here are the pics I took of the "Night of the Rampages and the Scamp".

rosie
11-08-2008, 02:11 AM
Ohhh, I see how it is. I get the most hits on MY post but THIS one gets updated....:mecry:

2.216VTurbo
11-08-2008, 04:30 AM
Thanks for the added pics Luis:thumb: I thought you were going to watch ArmDrop racing at Barona tonight? Not to worry, Rosie, his son Tim and I represented. My Rampage made the qualifying round for the money race, but then I got greedy with launch RPM's and went up in smoke:o

Maybe you could combine the threads JT? Put Rosie's little insignificant thread in here so he'll stop whining about it:p

rosie
11-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Pics are here. I will concede defeat and give my speech about it in front of my supporters at a later date...

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=399978#post399978

It's OK Alan, I started up the big one, you can bask in the glory just cuz 88C/S posted the pics here. He's from San Diego too!! Ouch... Knife... Back.... Must... Stop... Using... "....'s"

Still Messing with this dang camera to get the arm drop racing vids/pics up.

2.216VTurbo
11-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Couple more shots from the Rampage Scamp meet, you know, for the REAL thread...

rosie
11-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Couple more shots from the Rampage Scamp meet, you know, for the BITTER thread...

Dang, now I wish I had a rampage instead of showing up with the :hail:rarest L body truck that showed up and second rarest out of all L body trucks.:nod:

No Love I tell ya. I'll just bring an S10 next time. :evil:

At this rate, I won't get voted into congress! (you'll get that joke in about 24 hours)

rosie
11-09-2008, 12:43 AM
At this rate, I won't get voted into congress! (you'll get that joke in about 24 hours)

Ok, how about now instead.

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp214/bigsteventhesteve/voterosie3.jpg

On the way home from the worlds largest scamp look alike contest, Brandon tells me "that was funny, we should pick that up"
"Pick what up?"
"You didn't see it? Turn around!"

Campaign sign for Rosie Avila and the Avila is the only thing I photo shopped!

Heres the best pics I could get from the meet. If you guys only count 8, It's because I don't think anyone other then Boyd got the pic of the red one with GTC rims with the rest of the group. Sorry for the blurry head aches to follow.

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp214/bigsteventhesteve/7Lbodytrucks.jpg
http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp214/bigsteventhesteve/rampagemeet2.jpg
http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp214/bigsteventhesteve/rampagemeet3.jpg
http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp214/bigsteventhesteve/rampagemeet5.jpg
http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp214/bigsteventhesteve/rampagemeet7.jpg
http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp214/bigsteventhesteve/rampagemeet8.jpg

Thanks again everyone who made this event and MADE this event.

rosie
11-10-2008, 08:17 PM
I was talking about this car at the Scamp meet.
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=400917#post400917