PDA

View Full Version : Tail light and turn signal problems

cordes
03-26-2006, 11:45 PM
The heat stopped me so that they might inform me of electrical problems I have with my car that thay have taken exception to.

1. I was origionally pulled over due to my r/ side brake light going completly out when I hit the brakes. This was with the head lights on if that matters.

2. When attempting to signal to pull over my r/ blinker just light up and did not blink. I have had this problem for a little while now, and known about it. The only thing I have done to trouble shoot it was to see if my flashers worked. They did, and the r/ side turn signal functiond as it should.

The car is a 90' Shadow. Any ideas as to where to start and what to look for would be appreciated. As many of you know, I am a bit slow with electrical still, so thanks for your patience in advance.

BIGBRUDDA
03-27-2006, 10:34 AM
Check for proper grounding first. Check manual or wiring dia. the tail lights actualy work off 2 fuses.( brake/tail-instr/dome,or hi stop lite) Corosion of the sockets is also a possibility.;)

JDAWG
03-27-2006, 11:29 AM
My 88p did similar things. It is pretty common. I had a bad ground. Chrysler uses 1 ground for every single light out back. I grounded all the sockets with their own grounds. I also had a bad socket on the pass side. I tried forever to find a quality aftermarket socket and they were all crap. They wouldnt make good connection inside on the contacts on the bulb. I ended up getting one used.

cordes
03-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I will check it out and see if it solves the problem.