PDA

View Full Version : Custom Dipstick/Tubes ANTI BLOW BY!!!

Juggy
10-20-2008, 08:29 AM
hey guys, at the track yesterday, when I finally got my hood popped open (lol long story). a middle aged man approaches the car and is checking it out. I got my dipstick ziptied down, and paper towel/tapped up :eyebrows: he happens to notice my blow by contraption and tells me that he makes CUSTOM dipsticks/tubes that would look alot prettier and solve my problem, as his dipstick WILL not pop out or allow oil to squirt all over the engine bay!!!!

anyways i was wondering what kind of interest there is here, and tell me what motor and displacement yuour running. Im going to try and supply him with everything we need, so we can have these nice dipsticks for 2.2 TII, 2.2 and 2.5 CB....R/Ts???

I just need 2 know what the differences in the tubes/sticks, and get ahold of everything so I can supply the gentlemen with the goods.

is the older TII tube the same as the CB one??
is there only 1 tube for each type of block, does it matter if its 2.2 or 2.5??
any help is greatly appreciated so i can get what I need and get the ball rolling on this!!

so i think i need:
1 TII dipstick tube
1 2.2 TII dipstick

1 CB dipstick tube (does both?)
1 2.5L dipstick (grey band?)
1 2.2L dipstick (black band?)

please modify, or add to list if needed!
as for a price, I never bothered 2 ask yet, cant see it being too much. small owner business and i swear he said hes working out of his garage (prolly decent size guessing from seeing the nice trailer he had)

thefitisgay
10-20-2008, 09:29 AM
i wouldnt mind having a drainback nipple on one.... so the oil goes back into the pan and not my intake

ya kno like the vnt oil drainback tubes

turbovanmanČ
10-20-2008, 01:21 PM
I would like an indicator that seals to the top of the tube, so no gas's, oil can get by.

2.2/2.5 cb's with bs's are the same, TIII is a slightly different shape but a T1 works. 2.2 cb non bs's are shorter.

Not sure on pre 89.

Austrian Dodge
10-20-2008, 01:42 PM
imho that wouldn't solve the cause...although i like your zip tied dipstick ;)

why is that tube popping out? mainly because there's too much pressure in the engine/crankcase.
i think thats because of that tiny crankcase evacuation in the block (routing into the head). most of the turbo engines over here have at least one in the block (like 3 times the size our's is) and one or two in the head!
and they have tubes (without seals) which are way more loose than ours, they don't pop out...

i'd try to ventilate the block first, before going with a custom tube

turbovanmanČ
10-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Mine just leaks oil vapour, makes a mess, but I won't drill my valve covers.

Austrian Dodge
10-20-2008, 02:38 PM
drill the block ;)

Juggy
10-20-2008, 04:19 PM
im running an EVAC setup, its helping depressurize the top end, but not the bottom end!! LOL anywho these dipsticks have a rubber grommet type thing on the top, that clicks n and seals (3 or 4 times) and it takes some effort to pull them out of the tube. The rubber grommet would completely seal the tube so nothing could escape through it.

so I need 2 tubes, 1 for CB w/balance shafts, 1 for CB without shafts. then I need a 2.2 and 2.5 dipstick. does the R/T run the same dipstick as a 2.2L CB motor? (with balance shafts)
then ill find a TII pre common block 2.2 dipstick/tube and this should take care of us all?? what about the tall deck 2.5 or should i not worry about that, since most of yous doing the tall deck are going 2.2 anyway.

A.J.
11-19-2008, 01:35 AM
Not to go off topic but have you read my thread on my evac set up. I check the vacuum reading right off the dipstick and at idle it's about 12 "HG and it doesn't take long to get there.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27978

A.J.

BIGBRUDDA
11-19-2008, 09:46 AM
I've bee adding a "tee" to mine for years. Tube to a Barf bottle.Evac bottle to air intake tract.

Drewsy1971
07-02-2012, 01:10 PM
so what ever became of these tubes and what did he do to make them seal?

turbovanmanČ
07-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Nothing, looks like it became a dead end issue, :(

moparman76_69
07-02-2012, 10:49 PM
http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu62/moparman76_69/IMAG0230.jpg

cordes
07-02-2012, 11:03 PM
My thoughts exactly.

turbovanmanČ
07-02-2012, 11:13 PM
My thoughts exactly.