PDA

View Full Version : CSRT Mopar Stage 1 News

sherm1123
10-16-2008, 11:13 AM
This is copied from the SRT Engineer chat session last night:

SRT Chat Session highlights! October 15, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For once we had a very eventful SRT chat session. The biggest news of the day was the Stage 1 info that was shared:

This post is meant to clear up the confusion and misinformation that is being spread about the Mopar Stage 1 Upgrade Kit for the Caliber SRT-4. Firstly, this product has not been cancelled, delayed or reprioritized as suggested. The engineering work is complete and we are working to bring this product to market as we speak. The GPEC controller used in the Caliber platform is new to the Mopar Stage Kit Supply chain and that required new equipment and inventory be in place before we start manufacturing. Mopar is committed to the launch of the Stage 1 Upgrade kit and the support of the Caliber platform where we see a market for genuine performance products.

The information released at the last (CaliberForums.com) webchat was not meant to confuse and frustrate potential customers. We released what we could at that time to give the enthusiasts that join us here a preview of what was to come. Since we are nearing the release date we can let you in on the more details of what the kit contains.

Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade Kit Components

• P5155200 Mopar Performance Powertrain Control Module (Kit P5155175) (For vehicles built prior to January 15, 2008)
OR
• P5155201 Mopar Performance Powertrain Control Module (Kit P5155199) (For vehicles built after January 15, 2008)
• K6857152 Instruction Sheet

Recommended Upgrades:
• P5155071 Caliber SRT-4 Cat-Back Exhaust System
• 77070008 Caliber SRT-4 Cold Air Intake System

It is also recommended that the spark plugs be replaced before installing the Turbo Upgrade Kit. Use:
• ZFR5AP Spark Plugs Gapped to .031"
Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade Kit Feature Description
• Increased WOT boost.
To develop additional peak power and peak torque for the Stage 1 package, the boost was increased in all gears under wide-open throttle (WOT) conditions. The maximum torque limit has been increased to 245lb*ft in first gear and 300 lb*ft in second through sixth.
• Revised Throttle Pedal Calibration
The pedal response curve has been recalibrated for improved response and performance feel.

We are still unclear where the October 15 release date information came from. At this time we are not going to give an exact date of availability at your dealer but we expect to be hearing Mopar Stage 1 Kit feedback from customer’s during next month’s webchat.

there was also some other valuable information that was shared:

In regards to the 3 Mode ESP for 08's: Can be done if you purchase an 09 ABS traction control module and bolt it in - there is not a flash available.
In regards to the turbo housings and there being 2 part numbers for S1: All of the Calibers have the same housing. Some of the confusion this arose based on the fact that there was an A/C compressor change. The two different calibrations were created because of the A/C compressor change. The ECU contains the control strategy for the A/C compressor and is responsible for turning it on and off as required. It's based on the A/C compressor. It's controlled by the engine controller and that's why there are 2 versions.
In regards to the sway bars being used in a stock set-up: You may have some issues with ESP by doing this. Check the forums if you're interested in some methods to address this issue.
In regards to the stock injectors: The stock injectors have sufficient flow for stock and Stage 1 applications.
***In regards to HP numbers for S1: HP = (T) X (rpm)/5252. If you aren't up for the math, 300 ft-lbs, 310 hp
In regards to the throttle position at WOT: The stage 1 calibration does have a revised pedal response curve that improves the feel and performance. We think you will like it. The WOT shift feature was a PL Stage kit feature. The throttle % reading will not go to 100% and if somebody told you theirs does then they are lying. The blade opening is limited at the max open angle (typically about 87% on an LX) based upon control logic and safety band for overtravel. This is an arbitrary value that you shouldn't be using to interpret power
In regards to a release date: we expect to be getting feedback from you guys on the Stage Kit during next months webchat.

Here is a link if you want to read more:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8992

sherm1123
10-29-2008, 02:27 PM
The Moapr Stage 1 kits are shipping- $345!

BadAssPerformance
11-08-2008, 08:29 AM
Sweet! You got one on the way? :thumb:

sherm1123
11-13-2008, 10:11 AM

Not yet, but my birthday and Christmas are coming! With the performance gains that are showing on the few cars that already have theirs installed, it seems like a very cheap updgrade with huge results!

contraption22
11-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Not yet, but my birthday and Christmas are coming! With the performance gains that are showing on the few cars that already have theirs installed, it seems like a very cheap updgrade with huge results!

You should get it to the track before you install it to get some baseline results, then test again after the install!

shaker223
11-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Does the S1 cover both 2008 & 2009 MY built after 1/15/2008?

sherm1123
11-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Does the S1 cover both 2008 & 2009 MY built after 1/15/2008?

As far as I know it would cover both model years. You could call your dealer to make sure.

sherm1123
02-17-2009, 11:54 PM

I had my Mopar Stage 1 PCM installed yesterday. All I can say is it was the best $300 I have ever spent! It completely opens up 1st and 2nd gear and allows the torque up to 300. I haven't had this much fun since I first drove the CSRT! I can't wait to get it to the track. The first test and tune is the first Thursday in April...

contraption22
02-18-2009, 05:46 PM
I had my Mopar Stage 1 PCM installed yesterday. All I can say is it was the best $300 I have ever spent! It completely opens up 1st and 2nd gear and allows the torque up to 300. I haven't had this much fun since I first drove the CSRT! I can't wait to get it to the track. The first test and tune is the first Thursday in April...

Good luck!

Bring it to SDAC!

JamesL
02-24-2009, 11:11 AM
We are still trying to get ours installed. It requires a special tool we don't have to recalibrate the TPS. We took it to a Chrysler dealer that we do a lot of business with. The guy plugged it into our car and performed the calibration. We then plugged the stock PCM back in and drove it back to the shop. We strapped it to the dyno for a baseline on the stock PCM. 289 HP. I removed the stock PCM and installed the stage 1. The car ran but the engine light and just about everything else was on. I pressed the gas pedal a bit and it would not rev. so we had to unplug it. We are trying to get back to the dealer to try again this week.

sherm1123
02-25-2009, 04:18 PM
Good luck!

Bring it to SDAC!

Where's it going to be this year?

sherm1123
02-25-2009, 04:22 PM
We are still trying to get ours installed. It requires a special tool we don't have to recalibrate the TPS. We took it to a Chrysler dealer that we do a lot of business with. The guy plugged it into our car and performed the calibration. We then plugged the stock PCM back in and drove it back to the shop. We strapped it to the dyno for a baseline on the stock PCM. 289 HP. I removed the stock PCM and installed the stage 1. The car ran but the engine light and just about everything else was on. I pressed the gas pedal a bit and it would not rev. so we had to unplug it. We are trying to get back to the dealer to try again this week.

James,
The tool is the Star Scan. I really hope the tech didn't screw it up... There have been a couple ruined by tech's screwing up the flash. He should first assign your VIN and input your milage to the PCM, then calibrate the throttle, then input a skim #- at least that is what the tech that installed mine did and it works! Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
Sherman

glhs727
02-25-2009, 06:18 PM
yea, we did it last night. All is well!! the stage one is AWESOME, I can't wait to get it back on the dyno and see what it did. Mine is only getting 12 psi boost but it is quick!, I have an adjustable WGA I plan to put on after I dyno the stage 1 and see how much more boost I can add safely and then see what numbers that does as well.
later,
Cindy

sdac guy
02-26-2009, 12:25 PM
Where's it going to be this year?Cincinnati, June 27-30.

Barry

sherm1123
02-26-2009, 12:47 PM
yea, we did it last night. All is well!! the stage one is AWESOME, I can't wait to get it back on the dyno and see what it did. Mine is only getting 12 psi boost but it is quick!, I have an adjustable WGA I plan to put on after I dyno the stage 1 and see how much more boost I can add safely and then see what numbers that does as well.
later,
Cindy

Cindy,
That is great news! I was a bit worried after your first post. Stage 1 really opens things up! I look forward to seeing your numbers. Most that I've seen are in the 330hp range and of course limited at the 300 lbs torque. :-(
Sherman

JamesL
02-26-2009, 12:50 PM
What kind of boost are people seeing with just the Stg. 1? We are seeing 12 which seems a bit low. Doesn't it have a 2.25 map?

sherm1123
02-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Cincinnati, June 27-30.

Barry

Thanks Barry! If I head that way in June it will probably be to the SRT Nationals a couple weekends before that, but either trip would be doubtful. I'm in the process of rebuilding/restoring my wife's 81 Dodge D150 that she owned during high school. We recently bought it back and it is taking most of my time and extra money right now.

Too bad SDAC/SRT Nationals couldn't have combined forces and did a joint event since both are in OH this year...