PDA

View Full Version : What shifter for a 91 Shadow?

turbovanmanČ
10-16-2008, 01:09 AM
Ok, finally fixing up my 91 Shadow to sell. It was a 5speed, the PO put an auto in, had nothing but issues due to the idiots he had do the work-no dowel pins, durrr, and so many other mistakes, so I put the 5 speed back and thats as far as I got. So what shifter does it take? I have a bunch sitting upstairs?? Not sure whats trans I can look tomorrow but its not a 568. TIA.

Tony Hanna
10-16-2008, 01:17 AM
Ok, finally fixing up my 91 Shadow to sell. It was a 5speed, the PO put an auto in, had nothing but issues due to the idiots he had do the work-no dowel pins, durrr, and so many other mistakes, so I put the 5 speed back and thats as far as I got. So what shifter does it take? I have a bunch sitting upstairs?? Not sure whats trans I can look tomorrow but its not a 568. TIA.

If it's the original trans out of that car, it's probably a 523. Should take the same shifter as a 568 (no reverse lockout ring). The p-body shifters are bent a little different than the Daytona shifters (at least on the older stuff), but either should work.:)

turbovanmanČ
10-16-2008, 01:23 AM
Ok, so no lockout ring, thats kinda what I was after. Thanks.

Tony Hanna
10-16-2008, 01:34 AM
Ok, so no lockout ring, thats kinda what I was after. Thanks.

No problem.:thumb: