PDA

View Full Version : 88 Daytona Z T top white 555

looneytuner
03-25-2006, 08:52 PM
This is not needing serious work. I bought it a year ago and just finished. It is getting safety inspection Monday and alignment. Then I have to get Mo Highway Patrol inspection. It takes 2-4 weeks for HP inspection appointment.

Holds 15 " STEADY vacuum at idle
compression 135,140,140,135 This is after not running for 12 months.
New 205x60x15 Dunlop tires on Pumper wheels with CS center caps.
New power steering pump and hoses.
New front and passenger side engine mounts
New rear shocks
Can't tell on front struts
One rebuilt injector was needed
Installed good 555 (thanks Midohio)
new clutch and pressure plate and throwout bearing.
flywheel resurfaced
121,xxx miles
Original exhaust with 3x5? tip.
One key opens both doors and hatch
new keys cut for t tops
installed drain plug in transmssion before installing in car.
turbo has no play
Still have to repair 3x8 rust on drivers side at emergency brake This is the only rust on the underside.
With the clutch fully engaged in first, it breaks the rf tire loose when floored
Nit picking.
The oil pan is seeping at front and rear. It is not the mains. The mains are dry. The engine was cleaned so I can see the seepage. The oil return line is seeping at the pan end. The hose was installed short.
I found a complete set of upholstery for the car. The only bad original is the drivers back. Replacement is perfect. It took 6 months to find the taupe color.
The right window scraper is rotted. I have new one to install.
The headliner is bad. Not falling but frayed by t tops. The visors are missing the upholstery.
aftermarket radio sux
Price. $3,500 and you do the Nit pick repairs.
$4,500 and I do the nit pick repairs including all belts and hoses.
This IS a sound car not a basket case. I will show you the compression when you come to pick up. I will put the car on hoist for your inspection. When I said seepage I meant seepage not leakage or geysers

I will post pics soon.
I and the princess will consider delivering to Chicago, Memphis, KC, Springfield (Mo) Just take us to the airport. Might even take it further west but it will have a couple thousand extra miles before delivery. ;)

looneytuner
03-30-2006, 06:18 PM
Passed safety inspection today. Highway Patrol inspection is scheduled for April 21.

looneytuner
04-17-2006, 12:45 PM
Drove it home today, hit 14 lb boost!!!!!
HP inspection this Thursday.

May just keep it, even though I'm not a gear grinder. Last manual was 30+ years ago.

looneytuner
04-18-2006, 08:17 PM
some pics Hold cursor over pics for title

looneytuner
04-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Doors are reinforced to avoid sagging.

looneytuner
04-18-2006, 08:24 PM
Last pics. show old and new upholstery.

looneytuner
04-21-2006, 09:30 PM
Update bump. Passed the HP inspection today. I had to show the young trooper where reverse was, Then he couldn't find first, so he limped it to garage in third. On the way back he found first and I congratulated him.;)

One last problem to find problem with rad fan. I think it's the fusible link. I have checked everything else. I should have it fixed tomorrow.

midohiomoparsource
04-23-2006, 01:49 PM
Hey, that garage hasn't changed much lol.

Whats up with your Masi? Hope it isn't broke, if so, I may make a trip to your house and sneak it out of there lol.

Nice car for sale.

Matt

looneytuner
04-23-2006, 05:04 PM
Masi runs great.
Daytona is DONE. Waiting for title. $3,500 and going up if I convert to R134 and install new headliner.
I'll be doing body work and touchup on TC in near future.