PDA

View Full Version : A Few Ideas for "Car of the Month"

DC Turismo
03-25-2006, 01:50 PM
I was sitting here looking at the new contestants for this month's contest and thought up of a proposal I'd like everyone to consider:

I do not know if it's been discussed as of yet to begin with, but has any thought been put (even though it is a long way off) into the "Car of the Year" or "Car of TM" honor - where all of those who've won each month are entered into a final drawing where the twelve cars chosen throuhgout the year are put against each other to win the honor of the year's favorite car?

ANother idea (to help fund the site and all) is that why don't we come up with a 2007 calendar that includes a picture of the car for that particular month that it won. I think these woudl sell like hotcakes, and it would def. be a neat thing to do!!!

Your thoughts and/or other ideas?

GLHS592
03-25-2006, 01:55 PM
Good ideas. Billy, you're so smart. :)

GLHSKEN
03-25-2006, 03:11 PM
Great Ideas... coty os already in the works... Anyone notice how the color of the cotm (post on winning car's entry) was worked into the nominated thread???

GLHS592
03-25-2006, 05:53 PM
Anyone notice how the color of the cotm (post on winning car's entry) was worked into the nominated thread???

I would have to paint my car nearly the same color as the background of this board.

FEBRUARY 06 COTM
:p

GLHSKEN
03-25-2006, 09:46 PM
LOL BS... Looked pretty similar to me!!! :thumb:

Whorse
04-02-2006, 01:28 AM
I'd be down for a calendar as long as there's 1 nice J Body in it :D

bansheenut420
04-12-2006, 12:38 AM
I was sitting here looking at the new contestants for this month's contest and thought up of a proposal I'd like everyone to consider:

I do not know if it's been discussed as of yet to begin with, but has any thought been put (even though it is a long way off) into the "Car of the Year" or "Car of TM" honor - where all of those who've won each month are entered into a final drawing where the twelve cars chosen throuhgout the year are put against each other to win the honor of the year's favorite car?

ANother idea (to help fund the site and all) is that why don't we come up with a 2007 calendar that includes a picture of the car for that particular month that it won. I think these woudl sell like hotcakes, and it would def. be a neat thing to do!!!

Your thoughts and/or other ideas?
On the calandar note. I work at a print shop and run a printing press. I would be willing to get the board a good price on a full color calandar. Just let me know. I would be willing to come in on my own time to cut down on the costs of getting it printed and I think my company would give us a VERY good price. We do calandars all the time and I think we could do us (tm.com) a very good job. Please let me know if I can help...

fleckster
04-12-2006, 02:36 AM
There was talk and the start of a Turbo Mopar calendar before. I even had pictures taken for it but then the company that was going to do the printing balked because they thought there was going to be trademark problems with DaimlerChrysler or something. (I don't see how since WE own the cars.) Anyway, that was like two years ago. I'm all for another attempt!

bansheenut420
04-12-2006, 03:42 AM
I would LOVE to do this at my shop. And I think my company would give us a good price, and I would print it so you know it would look GOOD :nod: :eyebrows: Just let me know how I can help...