PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Rock Auto!

Frank
10-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Please take this time to welcome Rock Auto, a long time supplier of Mopar parts for our cars!

Tony Hanna
10-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Just noticed the banner. I take it this is a recent development?

minigts
10-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Excellent! Glad to see a commonly used supplier as a vendor now! Welcome to the forum. :thumb:

Frank
10-09-2008, 05:05 PM
As of a few minutes ago!

Tony Hanna
10-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Nice! I don't think I've ordered anything from them yet, but John deals with them pretty often and he's really impressed with their prices.

zin
10-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Good to hear!

Mike

mcsvt
10-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Love the website, always one of the first places I look for parts :thumb:

Turbodave
10-09-2008, 05:23 PM
I've been a Rock Auto customer for a few years, glad to see them here. All my experiences have been positive, good parts at a good price, fast shipping and I've always gotten exactly what I've expected.

MopàrBCN
10-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Well! Glad to see you guys on the board. I have been customer and promoter for you guys in Spain for years now.

- On that note, ever since shipping is predominantly with FEDEX the customer satisfaction on this side of the ocean has dropped significantly!!!

It's not the shipping cost as such, it's the unpredictability of when they decide to clear customs and charge for the clearing service or not.

With USPS you always know, if the value is bigger then X then you have to pay, if it stays under that X it arrives hussle free at your door step. So this is predictable.

Meanwhile with Fedex: While I did not have to pay a penny for my break booster and other stuff in a 300$ order, they charged me 30 something Euros for clearing a 1 Euro and something tax bill for a 6$ Check Valve. Sorry, had to let this out.....

But yes, good news you are here. Hope that helps to boost the part availability for our cars!!

turbovanman²
10-09-2008, 05:45 PM
I just saw the banner, pretty cool, :thumb:

RoadWarrior222
10-09-2008, 05:49 PM
We have the same problems in Canada here with UPS and Fedex from the US, exorbitant "customs presentation" fees. So if they're using USPS here still I'll have to check them out, if not :(

BadAssPerformance
10-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Kickass! :thumb:

jamesmonty
10-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Rockauto is da domb! They saved me a bunch when I had to get a new gas tank and sender for my work van.

MopàrBCN
10-09-2008, 06:29 PM
We have the same problems in Canada here with UPS and Fedex from the US, exorbitant "customs presentation" fees. So if they're using USPS here still I'll have to check them out, if not :(

Hi,

ok, I mean if I have to pay taxes, this is nobody elses fault but the government. That happens as well with USPS over here. BUT, the difference is, with USPS I can decide if I take the 20 minutes to go there myself and clear it (thus pay what I owe), or let a handling company do it. With FEDEX they don't give you this option. They provide their "service" unasked and charge you for this on top of what your tax dues are. This is the annoying thing.

While if customs would decide to clear something I could go there and argue if I have an argument (and I did in the past with success). At the end though customs would only charge me for what is due, and this is acceptable. Not like Fedex putting your handling charge on top. And then if you don't have the cash at hand you have to wait another day if they arrive again......

omni_840
10-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Sweet! Welcome aboard

Directconnection
10-09-2008, 06:50 PM
I spent about $500+ with them last year on all sorts of odd stuff! Best deals around, and even with shipping, it still comes out waaay cheaper that any local parts stores near me. Also, their shipping was fast! I am in maine and ordered a gas tank and straps for my shadow... it was on my steps 2 days later!

1FastCSX289
10-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Sweet. Rockauto is pretty good. Which reminds me I have a radiator I have to return to them. Crap.

cordes
10-09-2008, 09:07 PM
This is good news indeed. I have used them several times with good results. The only thing cheaper I have found is the JY. ;)

ikknown
10-09-2008, 10:08 PM
love me some rockauto!

looneytuner
10-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Hurray for Rock

Anonymous_User
10-10-2008, 01:08 AM
Whoo hoo! Welcom, Rock!

On that topic, has anyone ever used the Spicer Red Label suspension parts? I know for a performance suspension the census is to go with NAPA HD balljoints and such, but what about for a non-performance daily driver? The price on the Red Label stuff seems too good.

Frank
10-11-2008, 08:27 AM
I removed some not needed posts in this thread.

black86glhs
10-13-2008, 12:29 AM
+1000 for Rockauto. Bought a MAF for the wife's car, $100 less than the dealer for the same part.:thumb:

RockAuto
10-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Hi,

ok, I mean if I have to pay taxes, this is nobody elses fault but the government. That happens as well with USPS over here. BUT, the difference is, with USPS I can decide if I take the 20 minutes to go there myself and clear it (thus pay what I owe), or let a handling company do it. With FEDEX they don't give you this option. They provide their "service" unasked and charge you for this on top of what your tax dues are. This is the annoying thing.

While if customs would decide to clear something I could go there and argue if I have an argument (and I did in the past with success). At the end though customs would only charge me for what is due, and this is acceptable. Not like Fedex putting your handling charge on top. And then if you don't have the cash at hand you have to wait another day if they arrive again......

Hello,

We have just updated our check out process to include duty and taxes (GST/VAT) where possible for shipments outside of the U.S. This should make ordering much easier for you if you know exactly what you are going to be charged. And not have to worry about additional charges when the parts are delivered.

RockAuto
10-24-2008, 04:17 PM
Whoo hoo! Welcom, Rock!

On that topic, has anyone ever used the Spicer Red Label suspension parts? I know for a performance suspension the census is to go with NAPA HD balljoints and such, but what about for a non-performance daily driver? The price on the Red Label stuff seems too good.

Hi,

"Economy" or "Service Grade" parts like Spicer Red are usually made outside North America. They may look different than the OEM part they replace (though they will fit the vehicle). They may lack features like grease fittings or chamfered edges. They may use lower-quality materials and wear out sooner. These parts are designed to meet, but probably not exceed, OEM requirements. They're functional parts at a great price.

If you're an aggressive driver, travel a lot of miles, use your truck to haul heavy loads, and plan to keep it a long time, it's probably worth the extra money for a "Professional Grade" part. If you're just running errands around town and your car has so many miles that the engine is likely to die before the brake pads or ball joints wear out, "Service Grade" is probably fine.

tryingbe
10-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Hey, anyway I can request to have this magnet send to me with my next order??

http://info.rockauto.com/stimacCar.jpg

turbovanman²
10-25-2008, 01:06 AM
Hey, anyway I can request to have this magnet send to me with my next order??

http://info.rockauto.com/stimacCar.jpg

+2, :nod:

MopàrBCN
10-30-2008, 07:10 AM
Hello,

We have just updated our check out process to include duty and taxes (GST/VAT) where possible for shipments outside of the U.S. This should make ordering much easier for you if you know exactly what you are going to be charged. And not have to worry about additional charges when the parts are delivered.

Hi, I have seen the Upgrades!! And also the possibility to select EMS if desired for all shipping! This is good news!! I know, your friends in Oviedo,Spain will be delighted as well!

dodgeman87
12-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Great Company !! When I bought front struts and a oil filter for my Neon the oil filter got a dent in it. I called and they sent out a replacement without any hassle. I'll certainly buy more from them.

W.P._Turbocars
01-12-2009, 04:44 AM
+2, :nod:

+3 :nod:

turbovanman²
01-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Bump on the magnets??? :eyebrows:

RoadWarrior222
01-19-2009, 08:46 AM
Hello,

I got some computer parts from a vendor using this new UPS system of taxes in advance and it worked really well.... I was waiting with a baseball bat in case they tried any of their typical extortion methods, but nope, all paid up front... I was suspicious because often before they used to claim to the shipper that shipping was all inclusive... then they tagged $30 or so worth of fees on top of taxes... that era seems to be over, thank gawd. It really is all inclusive now, you pays your money... once!.... you gets your stuff.