PDA

View Full Version : San Diego GTG Recap

2.216VTurbo
10-05-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm starting a new thread so readers don't need to sift thru three pages:)

First I'll say that Rosie did a great job of wrangling ten or so folks together for a nice BBQ afternoon. I remember what it was like 15 or so years ago when our SoCal club was a fledgling group trying to get enough folks together for decent meetings. Lotsa work trying to get a new chapter started...

It was cloudy and threatening but didn't actually start raining til well after dark which was just as well because the Orchard in Rosie's backyard could sure use some water:p! We were well set up with Chicken, hot links, and jerky like burgers if you were brave enough. Cooler was well stocked with malted beverages too:partywoot:Rosie made the observation that you should never have a guy with A.D.D. watching the grill. (should I mention the check incident at Applebees:D?)

It just wouldn't be a SD/TM GTG if something didn't end up on a trailer though right;)? SO it was after we were all fed and the best lies had already been told, I got the call that fatherhood is a full time job so I was the first one to cut out:( I get about 3 or so miles in the Rampage and realized I had left my bonyeard bag of tools so I whip it around and am waiting at a light when the Rampage starts shaking, kinda like someone was trying to get in the back:confused: It's raining pretty good now so the windows are up but when I look out the passenger window, some guy is shaking the truck and enthusiastically trying to shout something at me. He waving and pointing kinda frantically at his Chevy truck parked in the gas station with the hood up. Some Tweeker I figured so I just ignored him and pulled away brisky when the light changed. Odd look on his face was like he was expecting something from me:confused2: Couple minutes later I get back to the party spot and Rosie is talking on the phone-to the guy at the gas station with the broken down truck:lol: Turns out he was on his way to the GTG towing a VERY clean TII Omni when his tow rig popped a head gasket. Heck, I didn't see the Omni on a trailer when he was trying to climb in my Rampage, no wonder he figured I'd help him:o

So the whole party crew heads over to the gas station to see what we could do. Mostly I think we just stood around in the rain and checked out the Omni he was pulling. Apparantly, the car was owned by a painter so it has like a $5,000. custom silver/pearl/metalflake paint job but the TII conversion has a few 'issues' Anyway, a good afternoon GTG and I only grabbed a pic or two of the gang hanging out in the rain talking cars.:blah:

SoCalCSX
10-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Don't forget pissing off the neighbors with burnouts half a block long...........twice........

rosie
10-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Don't forget pissing off the neighbors with burnouts half a block long...........twice........

Seriously. The old man in a bath robe out in the rain screaming at the passing TD's . Hy-Larry-us. If cops start hanging out in my neighborhood asking about my barely legal cars... The pres is getting an ear full.:censored:

Thanks everyone who came out. I think now that we are starting to find more of each other we may be able to get something going down here. Even if not a formal club, at least a support network of information and hook ups that we can represent properly in the 'real' southern california.

Still looking to run on the 17th so hopefully I have a car and Scotty isn't in jail for driving an illegal car.:eyebrows:

Everyone that has my number, feel free to give it out to any TD'ers you meet and I can act as a hub to get them in the loop. Unless you want to do it of coarse !

Thanks Turbo dash Mopar.com too. Love what you've done with the place...:thumb::clap::clap::clap::thumb:

Rosie in SD.

2.216VTurbo
10-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Hmm, I did have a couple of Mike's Hard Lemonades. Maybe I forgot about the burnout/bathrobe guy:lol: That was a second gear feather off the rev limiter spin:evil:

rosie
10-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Hmm, I did have a couple of Mike's Hard Lemonades. Maybe I forgot about the burnout/bathrobe guy:lol: That was a second gear feather off the rev limiter spin:evil:

You didn't forget. You got his attention so he watched US drive away. You were long gone. :thumb:Good job buddy!:mad:
I told you the average age of my neighbors is like 90. Their hotrods only did 15's and now they only appreciate cruising. On sunday. at 2 mph.

JonsGottaDusta
10-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the few pics... I love that Omni. I wish I coulda made it... glad to see Scotty did. lol

- Jon

OmniLuvr
10-11-2008, 04:15 PM
ya i was looking over my shoulder the whole time, right before we got there, a cop followed me from the freeway exit almost to rosies door, i was def. sweatin it:eek: the cops dont like the exhaust blowing out the drivers side of my vehicle to much, and it gets a little loud since its 3" no cat or muffler:eyebrows:

rosie
10-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Just got my omni back. It sounds like a siren through the exhaust spooling up .

Won't have the ability to run on Friday, but I'll still show up if more then a few are going. More then a few broke san diego turbo dodges from the sound of it. Luis is the only one with solid car TD (PT's under warrenty don't count).
Ahhh, Feels like home....:love:

SoCalCSX
10-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Just got my omni back. It sounds like a siren through the exhaust spooling up .

Won't have the ability to run on Friday, but I'll still show up if more then a few are going. More then a few broke san diego turbo dodges from the sound of it. Luis is the only one with solid car TD (PT's under warrenty don't count).
Ahhh, Feels like home....:love:

Pshhhhh, it's not under warranty I'm livin on the edge:lol: