PDA

View Full Version : I'm kinda worried I need help!

3Bar_Mopar
03-24-2006, 10:19 PM
My car, '90 Daytona T1, will usually smoke after I get "on it" kinda hard and let off....I get a nice puff of oil smoke out the back of the car. I have an open downpipe if that matters.

Anyway, usually it won't smoke at all unless I "get on it" like I mentioned above....but today, on my way for my weekly visit back home I notice it was smoking after letting off the gas even if I didn't run it hard, but not at idle that could tell.

I get all the way home and pull into a spot. I shut off the car and get out and I see nice, big oil spots leading up to my car. I look under the car and there's oil all over the K frame and tie rod boot. It was dripping off the K frame. But the leak didn't look like enough to leave big oily spots and there wasn't any sign of oil dripping from the engine to the K frame....which leads me to believe that it only leaks a lot when the engine is on and there's oil pressure.

Any clues as to where this oil is coming from???? I popped the hood and the front of the engine was bone dry like normal, but looking down under the driver's mount under the brake booster and under the turbo was covered in oil.
I have another head and my Enforcer turbo in the hatch ready to go in....that's the main reason I came home this weekend....I just hope nothing ELSE is wrong and is going to piss me off.....

Anyone had anything similar happen?? It was too dark to look under there tonite, plus it was raining/snowing.

tryingbe
03-24-2006, 10:27 PM
oil line to the turbo?

3Bar_Mopar
03-25-2006, 08:06 PM
Actually the oil line FROM the turbo! Why the '90+ T1 cars have a tee on the return line is beyond me...:yuck:

I had taken off the hose that goes from the tee to the airbox and put a vacuum cap onto the barb on the oil return line since I have a cone filter.

When I crawled under there t'day the vac cap had blown off and there was oil residue on the barb. The way the barb was pointed is consistant with where the oil was, so I think I'm cool.