PDA

View Full Version : oil and coolent catch can

Bardo
10-04-2008, 06:06 PM
what are you guys using? im looking to go aftermarket to try and clean up the engine bay alittle for mt 8v swap. about what are you paying and does anyone have pic's of how they mounted there's? im looking to move that battery to the trunk and mount the rad one there. i want to do a evap system and mount the oil can on the pass side behind the headlight and run the evap into it first so im not putting oil into the exhaust.

gvare001
10-04-2008, 06:44 PM
If you're relocating the battery, putting the coolant bottle on the passenger side leaves you room to do a nice cold air intake, although in a spirit you should have plenty of room to accomodate both I would think.

Bardo
10-04-2008, 06:55 PM
im not to worried about doing a cai being the car is intercooled im going to pull the factory ic and use the space there to run piping for a new ic and cai

Bardo
10-05-2008, 06:14 PM
no one uses aftermarket cans on any projects?

89boostedminivan
10-05-2008, 08:16 PM
i run a homedepot air compressor filter, so far works good, got a line coming off the VC to the turbo inlet tube ( CAI) home depot setup is mounted in the middle, sits rite under the TB, paid $13 for it plus 2 barbed fittings for another $3, sorry no pics though

WVRampage
10-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Both cans on the rampage are made from scrap exhaust tubing I had in the garage.