PDA

View Full Version : Body Control Module

ScottD
12-23-2005, 02:21 PM
I have a 91 Daytona C/S. When I got the car, the chime would only chime for about 5 seconds when the key was in the ignition. The interior lights would come on, but only with the key in the ignition turned to on.

I put a headliner in the car. At some point all the interior lights stopped working, whether the key was on or not, I'm not sure if this happened after the headliner install or not. Also, the radio lights up with the headlights on, but the display is blank at all times and the radio will not light up.

I corresponded with Russ Knize who suggested that there could be an issue with the pink wire going to the dome light or the yellow wire which gets grounded by the switch on the door. I have yet to investigate this further, but it is worth a look.

Other grounds and fuses appear to be ok. Could this be a bad body control module also? I've read those things can be problematic as well, but I'm not sure how to test it. I'm looking for troubleshooting ideas, any help appreciated.

And thanks to Ken and Frank for putting up this site, hope it works out.

Scott
86 GLHS #408
89 Daytona C/S competition package
91 Daytona C/S competition package
92 Spirit R/T
04 SRT-4 Electric Blue
05 Neon SXT 5 speed

Rampage16V
12-25-2005, 03:16 PM
The radio display and power up isn't hooked in with the body controller but the illumination is to the dash lights which are.
I would check the iod(ignition off draw connector) and or fuse under the hood. The auto door switches fail alot I would check them also the door ajar switches (black plastic) need to work too.

ScottD
12-25-2005, 09:02 PM
Thanks.

Where exactly is the IOD? And the auto door switches? Are these just the power lock switches?

Rampage16V
12-25-2005, 10:47 PM
The IOD is under the hood its a natural (clear/white) connector that has one wire in it coming from the battery + terminal. If your car has a power distribution centre under the hood look for the fuse in it marked IOD. The auto door switches are at the front door jam they have the Yellow grounding wire going to them . The door adjar switches are near the striker and are black plastic.

ScottD
12-26-2005, 09:45 PM
Great. Thanks so much for the information. I will post my findings when I get a chance to work on the car, which will hopefully be this coming weekend.