PDA

View Full Version : Bov differences

mark
03-24-2006, 02:41 PM
I'm looking to purchase a BOV for my car. Its in mid conversion to a t2. I have everything I need, just need the bov. I see some on ebay go from low 20 bucks to over a few hundred. what is the main difference. I know its not something simple, but why are there several hundred ones, does cost relate to how much boost it can hold?
I'm looking for one if anyone has one. Ive heard to get a 1st gen dsm, they are inexpensive, work, and metal- as compared to the later ones that are plastic.

turbovanmanČ
03-24-2006, 05:20 PM
Your right, there are tons, but you want to stick to name brands, Tial, XS etc. For a budget, the 1st gen Talon BOV's work awesome, I used one for 3 years.

I actually might be selling mine, running a different setup now.

Whorse
04-01-2006, 10:16 PM
+1 on the 1st Gen Talon. Mine was $74CDN including shipping and some border fees, and worth every penny. If you're lucky enough to find one on a junkyard, they are dirt cheap, and work great.

If you want to spend big bucks, Greddy makes some quality BOVs. My co-worker has one on his eclipse that works great, but it doesn't have the nice woosh sound that the stockers and the talon have, more of a whistle.

cordes
04-01-2006, 10:25 PM
If you really shop around, you can find one of the fancy pants ones for cheap.

I picked up an RFL for $55 shipped NIB. On ebay.

zshadow
04-01-2006, 11:55 PM
slasky has a dual horn turbo xs rfl on his charger and according to him and brain he hasnt had a single problem with his... it was the 50$ special on ebay too!

Ground Rat
04-02-2006, 02:42 AM
I bought a dual horn RFL off ebay for cheap but haven't got it to work right yet. :mad: