PDA

View Full Version : turbo options

WOP'R
10-02-2008, 09:35 PM
So what are you guys running for turbos? Mine pooped out and ill either get a used stock one for now or get something else..

i got full 3" exhaust with ported out mani, FWD stage 3(18psi) cal, delta cams stage one cams.

what kind of power should i see with a stock turbo?
and what kind of turbo would be a good option for some good power without it being very laggy?

Chris W
10-02-2008, 10:13 PM
So what are you guys running for turbos? Mine pooped out and ill either get a used stock one for now or get something else..

i got full 3" exhaust with ported out mani, FWD stage 3(18psi) cal, delta cams stage one cams.

and what kind of turbo would be a good option for some good power without it being very laggy?

A Stock TIII turbo should bring you close to 275HP with the factory turbine housing.

What are your HP goals?
What's your budget?

There are a few turbos available for what you are looking for. Give us a call so we can go over your options and associated costs.

Chris-TU
602-76-BOOST
602-76-26678

glht_omni
10-02-2008, 10:22 PM
^^^thats your best bet, instead of us arguing over holsets, hybrids and ball bearings.

WOP'R
10-02-2008, 10:26 PM
ok well what about this?

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pts/845284323.html

is this turbo too big? how much would a T3 housing cost?

i dont really have HP goals...i got all the mods im gonna do to it already now i gotta figure out what turbo would go best with the rest of it. i want all the time and money put into this car to be worth it...how about that:o?

turbovanmanČ
10-03-2008, 04:01 AM
Its a T4 flange, looks like stage III, 60 trim. I used a 60 trim and it surged badly.

If your buying a new one, you can't beat the 50 trim T3/T4, stage II with a .63 housing.

RJ138
10-09-2008, 03:09 PM

An R/T with a maxed out stock turbo is a blast! However, I removed mine last year, now I have a 57 trim on one R/T and HE351 on the other. If you don't want to have to make a new downpipe and some other mods I wouldn't get the Holset. If you want to make more than 300 hp with not to many mods get a hybrid. If you don't want to have to do anything just get a stock replacement.