PDA

View Full Version : Car stereo speakers and the L-body

iTurbo
03-23-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm about to install a new stereo in my Omni. Since I just upgraded the stereo in my Lancer, it's getting the hand-me-downs.

For the front doors, I have some Pioneer TS-A1341 which are 5.25" 2-way coaxials. Does anybody know if 6.5" will fit?

For the rears, I have some cheapo Pioneer 6"x9"s. I bought some 6"x9" boxes today and mounted the speakers into them. I plan on putting these in the hatchback but they will surely roll around and be destroyed if I don't mount the boxes. How should I mount the boxes? Is there any way you guys can think of that won't require drilling through the floor?

WVRampage
03-23-2006, 11:59 PM
6.5s will fit in a rampage. Velcro on the box it will stick to carpet.

iTurbo
03-24-2006, 12:20 AM
Good to know, thanks. I remember putting the 5.25"s in and thinking they were almost too small. With no power window mechanism, mounting depth shouldn't be a problem.

I don't have carpet in the hatchback of my Omni anymore. I'm hoping I can get away with some sticky-back velcro strips along the floor. I just redid the entire chassis/suspension and drive pretty agressively so hopefully they'll stay put.

WVRampage
03-24-2006, 01:49 AM
Good to know, thanks. I remember putting the 5.25"s in and thinking they were almost too small. With no power window mechanism, mounting depth shouldn't be a problem.

I don't have carpet in the hatchback of my Omni anymore. I'm hoping I can get away with some sticky-back velcro strips along the floor. I just redid the entire chassis/suspension and drive pretty agressively so hopefully they'll stay put.
bolt to a frame made of square tubing and make the frame just fit in the car then it lays in there and works fine.

Whorse
03-24-2006, 02:25 AM
Velcro is good. If you have spots, even bungee cords work.