PDA

View Full Version : Rampage bed trim clips

turbo Scamp
09-27-2008, 09:19 AM
The trim piece on the rear of the roof of a Rampage is held in place with plastic clips that have a pin that goes strait into holes in the body. I have broken one of the pins and lost ALL of the plastic sleeves that go into the holes.:banghead:

Does anyone know of a source for these parts? I can cobble something together, but it would be nice if they were still available.

- Bill

2.216VTurbo
09-27-2008, 10:51 AM
I broke those clips when I removed the trim piece to prep the Rampage bed for the spray on bed liner. All my posts are still there but I was supprised to find some rust:eek: inside that steel trim piece-this is a california truck:confused2: Only time we see any rust out here is if a car lives right at the beach in one of the coastal towns. OO lived in Carlsbad, a beach city but when I picked up the truck 9+years ago, his house was nowhere near the beach. After looking at the window with the trim removed and figuring I'd have to fix the rust (like I know how to do that:o) on the trim, I decided just to grind off the posts flush and have the new bedliner sprayed right up to the edge of the window. Haven't gotten the spray yet, the machine that sprays the 'custom' colors is broken waiting on parts:( I can either get just black (no thanks, Line-X is FOREVER and black doesn't go with the paint I picked out) or go to another dealer but the guy I want to use is doing a ton of little extras like the edges of the tailgate etc and is really interested in the Rampage. I may have to turn the boost down when I leave it for the spray, I gotta feeling it's gonna get a test drive after the spray:D I don't mind the guy beating on it a little, it's just a recipe for disaster when you put an uninitiated driver in a FWD that annhilates the tires:wow1:

I think if you scuffed the back of the trim a bit and used a dime sized dab of liquid nails for paneling on each post and used masking tape to hold the trim overnight, the trim would be secure and removable later. If I hate the look of the rear window without the trim later when it's done, I'll be forced to used the liquid nails method myself. You might try Jayshelby on here, he had some clips a while back but he may have sold the last set?

BTW Bill, you have a big FMIC and some other tricks on the Scamp right? Are there some pics anywhere:eyebrows:??

turbo Scamp
10-01-2008, 09:11 AM
I got lucky in that the previous owner of the Scamp included a bag of brand new clips for the trim that lives under the rear window.

The one that I am talking about is the one that goes around the rear of the roof. I did find some aftermarket clips from an auto body supply store that work on the studs around the roof. The ones that my dumb a$$ broke are the ones that go down the B-pillar towards the bed on the sides. They are like plastic pins that are inserted into holes in the body. There are plastic tubes that are pressed into the holes in the sheet metal and the pins press into those tubes. I also lost those plastic tube pieces. I MAY be able to get those tube pieces at the body supply because they look similar to the ones used to hold emblems onto some cars. Fingers crossed.

Your idea about the liquid nails sounds like a plan, but you might want to check with an auto body supply shop. There may be a universal type of clip that is close enough. Alot of 60's and 70's cars used wide trim pieces along the rocker panels and the clips from one of those might work for that wide piece under the window.

I have some pics of the car, but cannot figure out how to post them. It seems that the pics need be hosted on another site in order to post on here. My pics are only in a file on my computer here.

I want to do that colored LineX as well. I am a little concerned about the possibility of the color fading though. Haven't looked into it real deep yet, still getting her ready for paint. It's down to bare metal as we speak and ready for primer.

- Bill