PDA

View Full Version : Spirit windshield weatherstrip. 1 piece or 3 piece?

Tony Hanna
09-25-2008, 10:07 PM
It looks like there are 2 different windshield weatherstrip sets available for the Spirit. One of them is a 3 piece set (which I can't find), and the other is 1 piece like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WEATHERSTRIP-dodge-SPIRIT-89-95-black-auto-90-91-92-93_W0QQitemZ250291349442QQihZ015QQcategoryZ33642QQ rdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638 Q2em118Q2el1247
Are these interchangeable? I'm guessing maybe the aftermarket ones are made as one piece to cut manufacturing costs? I just want to be sure that one will work and look right before I buy it.

Also, Anybody have an online source for the weatherstripping for the back glass?

Thanks,
Tony

Tony Hanna
10-09-2008, 05:17 PM
:bump2:

Anybody? Whether or not this will work is going to determine if I replace the windshield myself with a good one from a junkyard or pay a professional to have it done. The last time I did this, I completely mangled the weatherstrip while cutting the windshield out.:(

Turbodave
10-09-2008, 05:37 PM
My 89 Shadow had a 3 piece seal from the factory, when I replaced the winshield I was only able to get one of the 3 pieces from the dealer, the others superseded to a single piece seal which is what I used, and it fit fine. Guessing that the Spirit is similar.

Tony Hanna
10-09-2008, 05:54 PM
My 89 Shadow had a 3 piece seal from the factory, when I replaced the winshield I was only able to get one of the 3 pieces from the dealer, the others superseded to a single piece seal which is what I used, and it fit fine. Guessing that the Spirit is similar.

Thanks! That's what I was hoping for.
Any idea where to find one for the back glass? I had to remove the top piece to get at some rust and it tore in half while I was trying to get it loose.:(