PDA

View Full Version : Team Shelby, Dodge Friendly-You Bet!

2.216VTurbo
09-24-2008, 06:37 PM
So I know there are a few of us that have become Team Shelby members and have been to some of the events. I've been to three or so of the events and have had a great time at each one:clap: The Shelby Dodges that have been there have been well recieved by the other TS members that are driving Ford powered Shelby's. Carroll himself has made it clear that he wants the Dodge's involved in TS and Shelby Automobiles Inc President, Amy Boylin shares that sentiment:cool: Many of these folks had never seen a Shelby Dodge before and we've fielded lots of questions about them:D There may have even been a few converts at the meetings, Robert Lane, the webmaster for the TS forums has made no secret that he would like to find himself an 86 GLHS:thumb:

So if you have any doubts about Team Shelby being Dodge friendly, ask the guys like Forza, JohnL, Speedemon, or JTBadassPerformance who have been to one of their events. They'll tell you strait. Still not convinced? Check out this months feature car and Bio piece in the Team Shelby Newsletter:eyebrows:

dodgeshadowchik
09-24-2008, 07:13 PM
I am glad to hear that! :)

BadAssPerformance
09-24-2008, 07:15 PM
+1, Team Shelby is definitely Shelby Dodge friendly :thumb:

omni_840
09-24-2008, 07:15 PM
Cool, is the newsletter online?

Tony Hanna
09-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Cool, is the newsletter online?

+1 I went to teamshelby.com to have a look around, but everything I saw was ford related.

2.216VTurbo
09-24-2008, 07:36 PM
+1 I went to teamshelby.com to have a look around, but everything I saw was ford related.

Hmm, there are multiple Dodge forums:confused: Yes Tony, there is lots of Ford stuff too;)

I just found out the newsletter is sent only to members, I am confident we will have the artical here as soon as it gets 'approved':thumb:

rich tideswell
09-24-2008, 08:23 PM
damn it...now theres another site I have to drool over.....

Turbodave
09-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Been a member for a while, newsletter was in my inbox and I just took a look at it, nice article Alan!

black86glhs
09-24-2008, 09:59 PM
I had looked on the site a while before they added the Dodge Shelby area. So I just got done signing up!!!! Glad to be on there.:thumb:

BTW...they have a great smiley selection. We need some of those over here.:)

2.216VTurbo
09-24-2008, 11:37 PM
I had looked on the site a while before they added the Dodge Shelby area. So I just got done signing up!!!! Glad to be on there.:thumb:

BTW...they have a great smiley selection. We need some of those over here.:)

Saw your post over there Bryan:thumb: Way to go:)

black86glhs
09-25-2008, 01:04 AM
I thought I'de follow your lead.:hail:
Only problem is I don't feel like breakin my hand.:rolleyes:
Guess that proves I'm not a Lemming.:drum:

Tony Hanna
09-25-2008, 02:44 AM
Hmm, there are multiple Dodge forums:confused: Yes Tony, there is lots of Ford stuff too;)

Well, I'll admit I didn't look much past the articles and news stories on the site's front page.:o I'll check it out a little closer afterwhile.

Oh, and nothing against Fords. I figure whatever gets you from point A to point B as fast as possible is all good regardless of who made it.:thumb:

black86glhs
09-25-2008, 04:01 AM
Come on over Tony, we can be the Team Shelby Dodge crew, yo!!!!:banana-mario:

Gee Alan, I thought I would have gotten at least a "thats not funny" out of my previous post.:confused2:

Tony Hanna
09-25-2008, 06:31 AM

Problem is, I don't own any Shelby Dodges. I wonder what their position on the "Shelby inspired" Dodge cars is? I mean it's sort of relevant right? If Shelby hadn't hung a turbo on an Omni, my Spirit ES would probably have a V6 in it...:D

Heading over to have another look now.

t3rse
09-25-2008, 08:49 AM
I signed up a long time ago but lazy admins never authenticated my account. I guess they don't want the likes of me over there :D

I think I messed up before when I unchecked "receive email from admins" 'cause I never got the "click here" email....

2.216VTurbo
09-25-2008, 08:59 AM

Gee Alan, I thought I would have gotten at least a "thats not funny" out of my previous post.:confused2:

Well it was a little funny, just not *that* funny to elicit an :lol: from me:p. My SDAC broken hand is maybe 75% back to normal but still way weaker than the other one:( I bet a bunch of my Daughter's pre-teen friends (mostly boys) that I could bust out more pull ups than any one of them. They were talking smack at the pull-up bars ya know, I couldnt back down:evil:. It only took 8 pull-ups (palm outwards not sissy chin-ups;)) to win that bet. Cost me two weeks of renewed pain in the hand though:o

t3rse
09-25-2008, 11:25 AM
only 8? what kind of pussies are people raising these days? damn video games.

cordes
09-25-2008, 11:37 AM
only 8? what kind of pussies are people raising these days? damn video games.

You wouldn't believe. :(

black86glhs
09-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Well it was a little funny, just not *that* funny to elicit an :lol: from me:p. My SDAC broken hand is maybe 75% back to normal but still way weaker than the other one:( I bet a bunch of my Daughter's pre-teen friends (mostly boys) that I could bust out more pull ups than any one of them. They were talking smack at the pull-up bars ya know, I couldnt back down:evil:. It only took 8 pull-ups (palm outwards not sissy chin-ups;)) to win that bet. Cost me two weeks of renewed pain in the hand though:o

OK, I was worried you were mad at me.:( Didn't want to have to go hide in the hatch of my S.:mecry:
Isn't it amazing what the male ego will put you through. I'm sure the other guys have been there, too. This is how we get America Funniest Videos.;)

skitzo_inc
09-25-2008, 01:55 PM
I signed up there about fout months ago and never got accepted or something.
Can anyone post the article here?

rare_ram
09-25-2008, 02:04 PM
The 1st day I went on there I asked if Shelby Dodges were welcome and the next day they started a Dodge section on the forums. As far as Shelby inspired, the only thing I've heard is that Shelbized Rampages will be welcome to events, maybe cos Carroll wanted to build them before Mopar cancelled the vehicle.

2.216VTurbo
09-25-2008, 04:33 PM

I'm waiting on the approval to 'use' the artical over here. The newsletter funded by Team Shelby is their property. I think it will be fine to post over here, just need mngmnt over there to give the Okie Dokie.

"Signing up" for the Team Shelby forum is not the same as "Joining Team Shelby" There is a $50. difference there, and a cool shirt, and a membership card, and some keychains, stickers and a bunch of other SWAG:eyebrows: And frankly it sends a message to Mr Shelby and his people that you care enough about the Shelby Dodges to pony up for the membership.:)

black86glhs
09-25-2008, 04:38 PM
I joined Team Shelby! Can't wait until my swag gets here. :thumb:

Tony Hanna
09-25-2008, 06:41 PM

Hmm. I signed up last night and got the email immediately. Did you have the option to recieve email from admins unchecked? Or, maybe the registration email went to your spam folder...