PDA

View Full Version : First trip to the track this season

SwiftTech
03-23-2006, 12:26 PM
Well last night was my first trip out to the track this year. It was great to get back out there but my times were very dissapointing. Nothing better than a 15.2@91mph.:( But the good thing is I wasn't icing the intercooler so that will help a ton. I used the night to dial in my new adjustable zenieer diode to eliminate overboost and to get the safc tuned in. The motors running about 14psi now. Still upping the boost little by little. I won't go much higher though before i install my 255 walbro. Even with the slow times I was able to advance to the semi finals before redlighting to a VW jetta or something like that:faint: Oh well there is always next week.

altered7151
03-23-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm so jealous of the wed. night races down there. When are you going to get that TBI setup going luke?

SwiftTech
03-23-2006, 02:26 PM
I want to get 13's out of my current dc intercooled log setup. I'm soooo close that it hurts right now. Next week I'll make sure to have time to get some dry ice. I got off work late and didn't have a chance. Once I get that then I will build a new top end for it with the tbi header, ford turbo, UD truck intercooler(think NPR), t2 intake and an 87 engine harness to go with it. I'll get it running on the stock 87 t2 computer before either getting a TU cal or getting into DCal or CHEM.

altered7151
03-23-2006, 03:23 PM
I want to get 13's out of my current dc intercooled log setup. I'm soooo close that it hurts right now. Next week I'll make sure to have time to get some dry ice. I got off work late and didn't have a chance. Once I get that then I will build a new top end for it with the tbi header, ford turbo, UD truck intercooler(think NPR), t2 intake and an 87 engine harness to go with it. I'll get it running on the stock 87 t2 computer before either getting a TU cal or getting into DCal or CHEM.

They wont let you run slicks on wed. night will they? I was gonna say you could borrow my set of slicks to make some passes, that would probably push you into the 13's. I'm not far off from getting my car done, maybe I'll come down for a weekend race soon.

SwiftTech
03-23-2006, 04:32 PM
Yes and no, I really don't know. From their site:
All cars and trucks must be 11.50 and slower fully muffled street machines with street tires.

Then in the classes sections for CMI import they say
Full tree. Open to 3-6 cylinder foreign and domestic cars and trucks. Vehicles may run slicks. Trophies to winner and runner-up.

So mabey I can. The only problem is I run 4x100mm bolt pattern, will your slick bolt up or are they 5x100?

altered7151
03-23-2006, 05:29 PM
No my slicks are mounted on 5x100 rims, so that wont work. So they run a CMI class on wed. nights?

SwiftTech
03-23-2006, 06:04 PM
well they break it down into two lanes for domestic, two or 3 for imports depending on how many show up, and a pro lane that they make you run in after you've won 3 times in the other lanes.
http://sacramentoraceway.com/sacwednite.htm
This is their site, It contridicts itself more than once about tires, so I guess the only way to find out would be to just go and try.