PDA

View Full Version : ran the charger 13 FLAT

Juggy
09-21-2008, 01:07 PM
well I just got back from racing this weekend, and im very pleased with the car, and im happy to say i was able to turn a best of 13.05@111mph

that was with a 2.0 60' and 18psi boost

14psi run was 2.4 60' with a 14.4@100mph

16psi (bum run) 2.4 60' 14.4@106mph

car picks up an easy 21-22mph with the low boost, and was gaining 24mph on the back half when i was able to up the boost some.

still need to play with the cam timing, also the car is still quite rich so theres lots of tuning to be done...cant wait to get this turbo into its efficiency range and see what low 20s boost will do!!!

Mopar318
09-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Wow, looks like alot can be gained in the first half of the track. Thats a good MPH

Juggy
09-21-2008, 02:17 PM
all the slips look pretty bare, there wasnt much on there and alot of runs were even missing 1/8th mile info :(

Ive NEVER experienced wheel hop like this EVER (well on street tires), 1st n 2nd gear were pretty much useless and the car nearly shook itself to death, im running solid everything, and I blew out the bushing(s?) on my bobble strut on one of the 1st passes, I went back to grab a different part that popped off the car LOL and the track guy said is this what your looking for?? I said nope but thats part of my car too! it was pretty funny...I had no idea i even messed that up!

I was going back to have them look for the big end cap that goes into the intake, It POPPED OFF during a run?!?!?! thankfully they found it! I pounded it back in and shes good 2 go now. I can say that was one wierd experience, It literally sounded like I blew a hole in my exhaust, then the car went WOT so I shut her down and coasted down the track. when i pulled over in the return lane to look at things, was when i noticed the giant hole in the intake lol

the car was also breaking up at the top of 3rd, and in 4th, pretty sure i need to tighten up the gap on the spark plugs, im runnin the RN9YC ones and were indexed b4 puttin the head on :)

I was letting the car hang to 7000 RPM, it was going good to about 67-6800, im runnin a taft S3 cam which was advanced 4-5 degrees (for more vac) but now im going to retard it back and see how the car runs next time.

Vigo
09-21-2008, 03:21 PM
wow i have never heard of someone blowing that out... WEIRD. Nice MPH.

turbovanmanČ
09-21-2008, 04:33 PM
^^^^^^^^Ditto, lol.

Nice work, :hail:

Whats your setup?

BadAssPerformance
09-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Nicely done Juggy :thumb:

black86glhs
09-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Cory.....Very nice man!!! Now I wanna see some high 12's.:D

BadAssPerformance
09-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Cory.....Very nice man!!! Now I wanna see some high 12's.:D

My Shadow ran 13.00's forever before I cracked a 12... it is amazing how much better a 12.99 is than a 13.00 even if its teh same... with that said, I only run 104-105 mph so it is really a 13.00 car... Juggys' 111mph... he's got a 12 on slicks, no problem! :thumb:

Juggy
09-21-2008, 09:09 PM
thanks guys! ya if I had hooked up with some better traction, the car didnt break up near end of track it should have been able to get me down at least another tenth!

12s will have to wait, until the OSDAC drag day oct 4th, and I plan to attend the Color tour in MI as well too :)

the setup?? lol well its a pretty much fully loaded 8v, anything and everything u can think of is on the car, i didnt skimp out on anything really!!! it just all came down to personal preference when it came to things like turbo and head choices

but heres pretty much the rundown:

TOP END
Cone filter on 3" CAI tubing
GT3076R DBB turbo w/shrouded cover
2.5" intercooler piping
Tial Q 50mm BOV
52mm TB
completely ported 2 piece intake, welded backs of runners, removed humps
44x37 big valve ported G head
TAFT S3 cam
Fidanza Adjustable cam sprocket
TU SS header
TU 3" swingvalve and downpipe
+40s, 3bar, AFPR
Ported water pump housing

TRANS
91 A568 3.85gr w/Quaife
Mcleod RevLok clutch
2300lb pressure plate
Fidanza Flywheel
24.5 x 8.0 x 15 MT slicks

all this rest on a TII 2.2L CB motor, with 20 over JE pistons, and all ARP hardware.

heres a link about the car, and the things i did to it while it was in my possession. Engine bay pic would be alot nicer now, as that valve cover i was using at the time dont look 2 pretty!

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24839&highlight=shelby

Ondonti
09-21-2008, 10:08 PM
you shut the car down and coasted down the track?
Thumbs down regardless if your car wasn't actually broken.

And your posts are sort of misleading about what tires you were using at the track, and then you list the MT 24.5's in your mods.

From your post on another thread I am going to assume these passes were all made on slicks and your horrible 60's were the bog you talked about and not a lack of traction. Therefore since you were already "hooked up with some better traction" you will have to learn how to use them now.

I would rather launch at a higher RPM (over 6,000 if necessary) using the pedal then use the wrong (too low) 2 step and try to clutch my way out of a bog.

black86glhs
09-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Juggy, Like being kicked when your in an up mood....lol.:lol:

Juggy
09-21-2008, 11:33 PM
you shut the car down and coasted down the track?
Thumbs down regardless if your car wasn't actually broken.

And your posts are sort of misleading about what tires you were using at the track, and then you list the MT 24.5's in your mods.

From your post on another thread I am going to assume these passes were all made on slicks and your horrible 60's were the bog you talked about and not a lack of traction. Therefore since you were already "hooked up with some better traction" you will have to learn how to use them now.

I would rather launch at a higher RPM (over 6,000 if necessary) using the pedal then use the wrong (too low) 2 step and try to clutch my way out of a bog.

your telling me youd let the car hang at WOT when your not even hitting the gas pedal, and dont have a clue as too what had happened?!? I blew the cap outta the 2 piece and never experienced anything like that b4, Ive only ever heard of 1 other person that has done this.

the staging limiter is being bumped to 6300 for next turn around. I was playing with the street tires at first then said screw it because the wheel hop was NASTY, and tires spinning. my bad 60' times with the slicks were due to boggin yes, i was able to ride it out for a 2.0' on that 13.0 pass but id rather just drop it and go.

i was experiencing problems with the 3 bar, and it was cutting out at 1bar, swapped in a known workin map, was able to up the boost, and then the slicks went on. I dont know why i even bothered runnin street tires! could have had an easy mid 13 on 14psi boost with traction and nice launch

SpoolinGLH
09-22-2008, 01:26 AM
yeh good run...A few weeks ago I ran a 12.7 at 111mph with a 1.8 60' in a omni.... So you are def in the 12's

Vigo
09-22-2008, 12:17 PM
how can you be against bouncing off the rev limiter pointlessly? if my car went uncontrolled WOT suddenly id sure as hell turn it off, no matter where i was. :/

As said, tho, just keep upping that launch rpm until it doesn't bog. Sounds like you are on the right track with 6300 :D

CS2GO
09-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Hey Cory, nice job...you deserve a low 13 sec. car with all that under the hood. Looking forward to see what my 87 SC will do maybe next season. It won't be as quik as your's though.

Dan

Rampage16V
10-11-2008, 08:21 AM
Go JUGGY!!!!

contraption22
10-11-2008, 09:24 AM
your telling me youd let the car hang at WOT when your not even hitting the gas pedal, and dont have a clue as too what had happened?!? I blew the cap outta the 2 piece and never experienced anything like that b4, Ive only ever heard of 1 other person that has done this.

I think what he meant that when you have a problem, you should shut your car down and STOP THE CAR asap and not coast down the track. It's bad track etiquette. Granted, in this instance it didn't leave a mess on the track, but without knowing what was wrong, you could have been draining fluids all the way down the track making for a much longer cleanup.

It can get really frustrating when you have only time enough for a pass or two and some D-bag in a vw breaks a trans case on the line and coasts the whole length of the track draining his lubricants along the way. Could have been a 15 minute cleanup instead of a 1 hour cleanup had he stopped when he noticed the problem.

badandy
10-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Either way it didn't happen so there is no reason to thumbs down anyone.

Orangetona
10-13-2008, 12:31 PM
The whole post was uncalled for. Hes not looking for analysis on his runs, he was posting results. Congrats btw. 12s are very close.

badandy
10-14-2008, 09:55 AM
:nod: Agreed
I say congrats on the stats:thumb: let's save drag strip ettiquette for another place...maybe it needs to be it's own section for those that may not know any better their first time out?

The whole post was uncalled for. Hes not looking for analysis on his runs, he was posting results. Congrats btw. 12s are very close.

Juggy
10-14-2008, 11:20 AM
yeah Ive been to the track enuff times to know that when you really "break down", the best thing to do is stop ASAP and pull over.

my break down was the fact that I had NO control over the throttle, car wasnt smoking (anymore then it usually does :lol:) so I knew everything was fine, no knocks, smoke, licquid, or noises other then an engine ingesting as much un monitored air as possible....

gotta say that was a pretty crazy experience! LOL

anyways thanks for all the compliments, this car has TONS more left in it and I still do plan to get AT LEAST my 12.99 pass this season as long as I can make it to the track once more.