PDA

View Full Version : POR 15 where to get it?

WickedShelby88
09-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Does anyone know of any local distributors in the greater Chicagoland area? I know of some people including myself needing to get some POR15 products and such. I'm kinda behind the 8 ball on some projects so any leads would be of great appreciation.

BadAssPerformance
09-20-2008, 11:40 PM
No idea around here, only mail order... I thought you got some for Jim's motor?

Mopar318
09-20-2008, 11:44 PM
I would use the stuff called chassis saver. Its a little smoother finish, easier to work with, and I think its a bit cheaper.

WickedShelby88
09-24-2008, 01:13 AM
Some guys suggested local paints shops.. Maybe I will give that a try. Yeah you can get it just fine with mail order, but sometimes its nice for it to be local as well. I knew of some people who were looking to get it locally in the chicagoland area. In indy I knew of a few places, but see what I get for moving.

Tony Hanna
09-24-2008, 02:01 AM
You might also try asking around work, local parts stores, etc... The last quart I bought was off of a guy that was from another local working off the B list out of 667. We got to talking cars during lunch break one day and it came up that he was a dealer.
If you can't find anyone locally, then you might look into becoming one yourself. Could be that there's some money to be made selling it if it's an untapped market.;)

Besides, T-M needs it's own pet POR-15 dealer (we don't already have on do we?).:D

Subliminal
09-24-2008, 08:35 AM
I'd say it'd behoove you to call POR-15 and ask them if they have a dealer local to you, and also about shipping times from their NJ location.

...straight from the horses mouth and all that. ;)

Nemesismachine
09-24-2008, 09:24 AM
I just ordered mine straight from POR-15.

WickedShelby88
09-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Sounds like it might be quite beneficial to become a dealer. If there are any discounts to be had that would also be excellent as well.