PDA

View Full Version : 85 Turismo 2.2 - New Radiator!

Skligmund
09-16-2008, 02:20 PM
Yay!

Put a new radiator in my Turismo last night. Considering I haven't touched it in over 2 months due to frustration and other projects, I'm pretty jazzed.

The old radiator was leaking, and looked pretty rough. I noticed heat was only emminating from abou 50% of the surface. It never really bothered me too much as the temp gauge never went much past halfway, and I assumed (bad idea, I know) that the gauge was somewhat accurate. I've been having issues with the car bucking when accelerating past about 4200 RPM, but only when the car was at full operating temperature. I've been chasing vacuum lines, wires and computers trying to figure this one out to no avail.

Now, I haven't driven it enough to know for SURE that the problem has been remedied, but I think it has. The temp gauge now hovers at about 1/3 on the gauge instead of just above 1/2. The new radiator seems to have fixed a problem that I didn;t know existed for sure. I think the engine was running too hot, perhaps causing detonation and/or other problems.

Now to take off these mismatched oversize studded winter tires and put on my Cooper touring tires and insure it.

Skligmund
09-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Nope, not fixed. I'm still happy with the change, but the engine cutting out issue is still there. I think it is a carb issue...

Skligmund
09-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Would a sticky valve do this?