PDA

View Full Version : 15psi Practice runs video

bansheenut420
09-15-2008, 12:58 AM
Put the drag radials on and went down to local computer generated race track tonight. I knew there wouldnt be anyone there, so I could get a couple test runs in. The boost controller is set to 15psi. The cal is pretty rich, In the low10s. So there is still some power to be had there. Plus once I re learn how to drive this thing. lol Overall, really happy with the way the car felt. It lit the radials up in second on the 2nd run. :eek: The car is beging to be ALOT of fun. :Thumb: Let me know what ya think. :cool:
15psi practice runs.- Video (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/15psi-practice-runs_184008.htm?ref=60fb59ee-6046-4220-84c1-99850085034e)
Sorry, I know the camera guy sucks. lol and them getting to my house delayed it being light when I did it. :rolleyes:

turbovanmanČ
09-15-2008, 03:14 AM
Sounds awesome, :hail:

I miss boost so much, :(

bansheenut420
09-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Thanks alot. She is about half way to where she will be boost wise. Should be alot of fun once its done. It cought my by suprise when it spun the drag radials in second on the second run! :eek:

unluckyty
09-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Car sound good,:thumb: can't wait to see what some track times will be.
Greg

bansheenut420
09-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Thanks man. Probably wont get any track numbers this year, as the track has closed already. But, there is always the dyno. :D

Mike_Shepard
09-15-2008, 08:04 PM
WoW that sounds good. Stupid question but what all is done to it? Looked like an RT daytona??

bansheenut420
09-15-2008, 11:51 PM
Holset HX40pro, LoneWolf P/P head, LoneWolf cams, custom downpipe, built bottom end, 1010cfm spearco, meth and a few other goodies.
Thanks for the compliments. :D

shellboy
09-19-2008, 10:21 PM
now i must go and change the shorts!! that was awesome!!

bansheenut420
09-19-2008, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the props. Got the electronic boost controller. I now have a low, high, and an overboost setting. :evil:

glht_omni
09-26-2008, 10:29 PM
awesome, it gives me something to try to keep up with my spirit.

bansheenut420
09-26-2008, 11:05 PM
Its up to 20psi now. And two nights ago I went out for a ride knowing I wouldnt be able to drive it this weekend (just had four impacted wisdom teeth removed today) and I wanted to get some racing in. I ended up racing a beautiful black charger SRT8 with exhaust, intake, programmer, and "a couple other goodies" as the guy put it. At first I thought it was a 6cyl when I passed it but when it stayed on my bumper till 5K. I figured it wasnt. Once I hit about 5k, the car wiggled a little and I left him. Next I slowed, we got a nice 40ish roll run, I put at least two cars on him up to the top of 4th gear :o Also did a real quick first gear with him after talking to him. Him and his buddy were shocked. I opened up the cutout just as the boost really started to ramp up. And the external wastegate dump doesnt get loud till it starts to vent but when it does, it LOUD! :D `The guys were VERY cool and we bs'ed for a while. Finally one of them asked what was done to mine. I said a turbo upgrade, exhaust and a few other goodies. lol He says "Thats got to be one of the meanest sounding 6 cyl I have ever heard, very impressive." I kinda chuckled and said its a dodge 2.2l. His buddy sitting in passenger side dropped his jaw. lol It was a good night. I had no real idea of how fast the car was untill that night. While the SRT8 and I were playing, a lightning decided he wanted to play as well. It was not even a close race. lol I am very happy with this car, it is so much fun. The damn Holset sounds like a jet at cruise which gets there attention, then I open the cut out and it really does. I have got some very interesting looks from this car now. lol

I am uploading a video of a race I had with a coworker and his 5.7l GTO. Its stock so I really didnt try all that hard. We had no one to flag us for the takeoff, so I was trying to honk it off and get the revs right. He was yanking me by atleast 2 cars off the line because I was bogging, but once it stoped. I cought and passed him let off the gas and still beat him. lol I will post a link when I am done. :thumb:

bansheenut420
10-08-2008, 12:17 AM
As stated, its up to 20. Running great. Here is a datalog.
Its probably a really good thing the fuel pump showed up. I took the rt out for some more test runs tonight. I got a good datalog of a 1st gear 2000rpm roll. It bogs at first, but you can see it takes off. My concern is towards the ends of 3rd and 4th where the a/f (green line) starts to climb. I know its not the cal. I am really happy with how this cal is working out with the exception of the crappy soft revlimt after 7000 rpm which pulls all the timing and the car falls on its face. :( But the a/f looks great with the exception of my pump beginning to crap out.
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj95/bansheenut420/20psiscreenshot.jpg
Car is pulling very hard. :D Very happy with the progress.