PDA

View Full Version : TM Webkit

Frank
09-11-2008, 11:11 PM
With the recent happenings of people creating look a likes of our sites to deceive potential visitors and members, some of our members have been buying up similar domains in hopes to stop this juvenile behavior. It is a complete honor to have those who care want to do such a thing. In a hopes to help promote and use this properly to use Google, I have created a simple web kit that you can use. It merely maps to this site, but uses key words that when you submit the site to Google, will allow this site to increase in it's rankings. You can customize as you see fit in attempt promote even more growth. However please do not resort to retaliation to those individuals that have no life.

Also, if you have a domain but do not have webspace to place it in, please PM me and this site will provide free hosting so you can host this kit. ;) If you have further ideas on better ways to use the kit, let me know! Thanks!

Tony Hanna
09-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Nice!

So how do I use it exactly? I'm a total newb with this stuff.:o

Frank
09-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Well if you have a domain name that you have purchased to forward to TM, instead of forwarding it, you host the files in the zip file. Then you tell google to go and search that website. This allows google to increase this website's ranking - aka google bombing. If you have a domain, but rather have me host it, just PM me.

Frank

Tony Hanna
09-12-2008, 12:42 AM
Ok, I've got the domain and had it forwarded here initially. Last night I was playing around on one of the free website hosting sites (www.webs.com) and made a page with some links (here, BM, DDG, FWDP, TU, etc...) and forwarded it to that. I guess what I need to know is if I can add the files in the .zip through the site builder utility there and how. I'll play with it some tonight and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks,
Tony

Frank
09-12-2008, 06:49 AM
Here are examples of the webkit in action...

www.MYTURBODODGE.NET
www.MYTURBOMOPAR.NET
www.TURBOMOPAR.ORG
www.TURBO-MOPAR.ORG

csxtra
09-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Frank,

I was going to try to get some domains to help out the community, but the domain names I thought you might like were already taken:

www.gazer.com
www.meatgazer.com

Sorry I was unable to help...:D

Warren

Tony Hanna
09-13-2008, 07:30 AM
Here are examples of the webkit in action...

www.MYTURBODODGE.NET
www.MYTURBOMOPAR.NET
www.TURBOMOPAR.ORG
www.TURBO-MOPAR.ORG

That's awesome Frank!:thumb: It looks like the site builder utility at webs won't let me set mine up like that. I may need to talk to you about hosting for www.turboplymouth.com. I'll probably need some help with building the site too if you have the time. I'd like to do the front page like the one from the webkit, but also have a navigation bar to some other pages on the site for my crap.:)

Frank,

I was going to try to get some domains to help out the community, but the domain names I thought you might like were already taken:

www.gazer.com
www.meatgazer.com

Sorry I was unable to help...:D

Warren

:lol:

Anonymous_User
09-13-2008, 03:44 PM
http://www.anonymous_user.webs.com/index.htm

Sure it works. Dont use the web builder utility. Just build using HTML and copy the source code and paste it to your site.

1FastCSX289
09-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Nice idea. Sad to see that this has to be done though.

Tony Hanna
09-14-2008, 02:11 PM
http://www.anonymous_user.webs.com/index.htm

Sure it works. Dont use the web builder utility. Just build using HTML and copy the source code and paste it to your site.

The problem is, I'm doing good just to figure out the site builder.:o
If I had somebody with the time and patience to teach me how to do it, I'm sure I could pick it up pretty quickly.

Anonymous_User
09-15-2008, 01:51 AM
The problem is, I'm doing good just to figure out the site builder.:o
If I had somebody with the time and patience to teach me how to do it, I'm sure I could pick it up pretty quickly.

First, download the webkit to your desktop and extract the files.

Second, go to www.webs.com and sign up for an account. After you enter your username, password, email, etc. Step 2 asks you to pick a template. Do not pick a template, just select Use Advanced (HTML) Mode

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z136/wevie0037/webs.jpg

Then type the security word and agree to the terms of service.

Select the Basic account (free)

Click Edit My Site

Click on Single File Uploader

Browse to find Banner.jpg on your desktop and upload it

Repeat to upload image003.jpg and turbos_unleashed.jpg

Now, on your desktop, find Index.html from the webkit. Open it from your desktop.

Go to View -> Source.

In the notepad window that pops up, go to Edit -> Select All then Edit -> Copy

Back to Freewebs, under the File Manager you will see index.htm listed. To the right of that, click on Edit

In the window that pops up, highlight all the text, Backspace, and Paste (Cntrl-V)

Then File -> Save

Close the window. You are done.

Now you can view your new website. Click on index.htm in the File Manager list and it will pop up.

Tony Hanna
09-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Thanks!

I'll give that a shot when I get back home. Right now I'm using my cellphone connected to a laptop for an internet connection and it's pretty slow.