PDA

View Full Version : AOBE(map clamp) problems

SwiftTech
03-21-2006, 08:31 PM
so I just got done building and installing an adjustable overboost eliminator. It worked great on the bench with a test map sensor. I adjusted it to 4.65v arbitrarily knowing it would still hit cutout and I could adjust down from there. However after installing it I can't seem to get much more than 2.8-3.0v out of it. The car falls flat on its face too when the voltage gets to that level. Any idea's? I first thought it was the AOBE itself and built another and that didn't help, Also I rechecked to make sure it is hooked up correctly and it is. I'm stumped. This is on my 84 'tona, I'm trying to use the stock LM for now.

Clay
03-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Hmmmmmmm the only thing I can think of that would effect the output voltage is the input voltage. Are you giving the right imput voltage to the map sensor your testing? Is the ground on the map sensor in the car good?

clay

Dave
03-22-2006, 12:29 PM
Why nut just run a manual cut out raiser? I have one and it's never gave me problems. Got it set to 16psi right now.

SwiftTech
03-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Clay, thats an interesting thought. I will have to check and see what kind of voltage I'm getting, I set up the unit with a spare map sensor using an electronics power supply so I know it was right on the bench.

Dave, because I've used zenier diodes with good sucess before. I might be trying that next, though. How high can one go with the bleed type cutout eliminator? I'm shooting for 18ish once I get my 255 walbro installed.

SwiftTech
03-22-2006, 05:01 PM
Okay I've got it figured out, and as usual its my fault. The MAP sensor has a good 5v supply. The problem was that it was just running too darn rich. I noticed when it would fall on its face today that I had a good amount of black smoke coming from the exhaust. So, I set the settings on my SAFC to -20% across the board to make the injectors act stock and the problem went away. I just need to do a little bit of fine adjustment on it to get it dialed in now.

Clay
03-22-2006, 05:34 PM
Good deal!