PDA

View Full Version : adjustment on T3 can..

shellboy
09-11-2008, 05:05 PM
whats the proper way to adjust the large can on my t3/t4 hybrid. the can and arm are from cindy it has lots of adjustment. where should i start?

BadAssPerformance
09-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Since I have no idea what the rest of your setup is... In general, start with a very small amount of tension on the rod and test it out, increase tension (boost) as you see fit, or for as much fuel as you have. Gotta have enough fuel or KaBOOM!

shellboy
09-12-2008, 01:04 AM
well right now my car is all stock. but when i install the hybrid should the arm be tight or snug? what happens when you increase tension? does it take longer for the valve to open? i know i need to have plenty of fuel,i bought the super 60 injectors and have a adjustable fuel press reg. i need to know how to tune the can. what happens if its too tight? or too loose?

rx2mazda
09-12-2008, 10:06 AM
Why are you trying to adjust it, are you having boost issues(i.e.spike,creep,overboost,undersboosting), how much boost are you trying to run? Adjustments are made to fine tune boost/spool or fix a problem. If your car/turbo is running fine than theres no reason to mess with it. You asked a general question without giving any other info. Anyway, to start, adjust the rod so that it is just close enough towards the can that you have to pull it(just a little)to attach it to the WG. Go out and drive and see if that fixes your problem(if you have one). It's trial and error. Hope this helps

2.216VTurbo
09-12-2008, 11:11 AM
I thought I read somewhere that 9lbs on the seat was the baseline setting. I can't remember where the heack I got that:o...