PDA

View Full Version : Custom Intake Manifold Porting. ATTN: Chris/Matt

89ShelbyGuy
09-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Hey guys..i finally got my intake from aaron aka 8valves, i am sure you guys have seen the custom one peice intakes he's doing. Well, he didn't port the bottom of the runners and gasket match it. I was woundering if you guys would be able to finish the port work on it...i really don't want to mess it up doing it myself since i have never ported before. LMK. Thanks!!

2.216VTurbo
09-08-2008, 04:52 PM
I think you should first have someone look at your head to determine if IT is at gasket size. You are right to realize that mistakes can happen easily if someone starts porting without planning/experience. You see if a column of air comes rushing down the intake runner the BAM! slams into the runner wall on the cylinder head, you will make far less power than a smaller port with smooth airflow. Hogging something out to gasket size is not always the best answer.

GLHNSLHT2
09-08-2008, 04:58 PM
He's got a head ported to gasket size from Tyler.

89ShelbyGuy
09-08-2008, 05:03 PM
He's got a head ported to gasket size from Tyler.

Yes...Yes i do!!!!lol..

I have Tylers Port and polished head...

turbovanmanČ
09-08-2008, 05:12 PM
I have Tylers Port and polished head...

:wow1: lol, :eyebrows:

He probably did that on purpose, as this way, there is no gasket mismatch so no air brickwall so to speak. The runners are a bit of a bottle neck so you'd probably not gain anything port matching, just leave it be, :thumb:

moparzrule
09-09-2008, 06:58 AM
Hi there, sorry for the late response.

Are the bumps in the runners removed? Can you email me a pic of the runner? Perhaps a pic of the gasket being held up the the flange then too?

matthug@juno.com

Thanks

89ShelbyGuy
09-09-2008, 07:04 AM
Yea matt..i will get you those pics. Thanks.

moparzrule
09-10-2008, 06:59 AM
I didn't receive any pics yet, just making sure you didn't send them yet...???

89ShelbyGuy
09-10-2008, 07:08 AM
Sorry matt..with work and school i pass out when i get home. I would bring it to work, but they lock out the pc so i can't get pictures from the camara. I will get them tonight.

moparzrule
09-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Sorry matt..with work and school i pass out when i get home. I would bring it to work, but they lock out the pc so i can't get pictures from the camara. I will get them tonight.

Hey no big deal, I was just wondering if the pics didn't get through or something.

8valves
10-10-2008, 06:51 PM
I know this is a bit late, but I just wanted to clear up that I didn't mess with anything on this particular intake porting wise besides tapering about 3 inches of runner from where I cut it to match up to the plenum area.

I somewhat feel like the first post makes it sound like I delivered an unfinished piece, when the ad for the intakes clearly states that I don't do any porting on the lower runners unless specified and a deal is made with the buyer.

Maybe I'm taking it the wrong way, and if so I'm sorry. But between "finally" getting the intake and that I "well, didn't port the bottom and gasket match it" it came off a little sour sounding to me. That's all.

I hope you enjoy the intake.

moparzrule
10-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Well, I never received pics or heard from him anyway aaron. You got the impossible spot to port anyway, I can do the rest if he does send me the intake :thumb:

89ShelbyGuy
10-13-2008, 07:18 AM
Ok, geuss i should chime in.

Aaron: The intake was awesome other then the two things i mensioned, sorry to of made it sound like you didn't finish it. You did your part, the tig welding was very good and you delivered what you said you were going to deliver, no problems. I guess we were both at fault on the porting as i should of not of assumed you were going to do it...no biggy.

Matt: Sorry to be slacking on the pics. I just bought a new 08 ram and really don't have the money to send it out to get it ported up. When i am ready your the first i will contact.

Thanks guys.