PDA

View Full Version : One piece or 2 piece intake?

turbomopar87
03-21-2006, 04:55 AM
I have an 87 shelby Z with a mildly ported 2 pc intake, and i have the option of buying an 88 one piece intake with fuel rail. I have heard that the one piece flows better. Is this true? I will port the 1pc too. Also, i can still use the same injector harness right?

Thanks
Kris

turbovanmanČ
03-21-2006, 01:55 PM
You have it backwards, the 2 piece flows better. Port the lower to the head and open up the plenum holes to the gasket. Leave the upper plenum holes alone and port match the T/B opening for a 52mm t/B.

The 2 piece uses its own fuel rail and injector harness but I have used a one piece harness on my 2 piece, just needs some tweaking.

turbomopar87
03-21-2006, 10:08 PM
o, ok, i thought i saw somewere that 1pc flowed more, but i guess not. I always thought the 2 pc was better two, so i guess i was right before, lol.

the 2 pc i have is already matched to the gasket adn the upper adn lower were both 'extudhoned' or something before i got the car. I plan on matching to the TB this summer before i send it out for powdercoating.

Thanks
Kris

Frank
03-22-2006, 08:12 AM
The 2 piece uses its own fuel rail and injector harness but I have used a one piece harness on my 2 piece, just needs some tweaking.

It depends on the car. I have found that the sequential injection models are the same between intakes since I borrowed one from Frank Verdi since my harness was jacked up at SDAC-15.

Frank

turbovanmanČ
03-22-2006, 01:04 PM
It depends on the car. I have found that the sequential injection models are the same between intakes since I borrowed one from Frank Verdi since my harness was jacked up at SDAC-15.

Frank

Interesting, but don't the newer models have a different connector? the knock sensor is now part of the big plug, :(