PDA

View Full Version : Cecil TestnTune 9/13/08!

beaker300
09-05-2008, 10:38 PM
I know alot of people where going to come test tomorrow hopefully you read this tonight but the racetrack has already canceled test n tune so you guys can stay home and hopefully you read this tonight!

lee sebring

neonkitten63
09-06-2008, 05:34 AM
Thanks Flee! :)

contraption22
09-06-2008, 07:38 AM
Thank you, Flee!

moparzrule
09-06-2008, 08:10 AM
There's another T&T next week the 13th, you guys going?

neonkitten63
09-06-2008, 10:39 PM
I believe we are going to try! :)

mcsvt
09-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Sweet! Next week I could actually go!

moparzrule
09-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Not sure if I can, going to try though cuz after the 13th at cecil there's no test and tune on a saturday until november!
My engine is still out of the car though! Gotta drop it in hopefully tomorrow evening, finish hooking everything up tuesday evening, get it going and start tuning thursday and friday to be able to run it saturday. Thats best case scenario though, who knows what can happen till then, we are talking turbo mopar's here :banghead:

contraption22
09-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Not sure if I can, going to try though cuz after the 13th at cecil there's no test and tune on a saturday until november!
My engine is still out of the car though! Gotta drop it in hopefully tomorrow evening, finish hooking everything up tuesday evening, get it going and start tuning thursday and friday to be able to run it saturday. Thats best case scenario though, who knows what can happen till then, we are talking turbo mopar's here :banghead:

Its always an adventure, isnt it?

thefitisgay
09-08-2008, 12:07 PM
adventure isnt the word i would personally use

lol does desribe it well tho

moparzrule
09-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Its always an adventure, isnt it?

LOL, too much blood sweat and tears go into my cars :nod:

Are you going Mike?

Tom are you gonna get your car going by then?

contraption22
09-08-2008, 04:36 PM
I'll be there! Looks like my brother will be there too!

moparzrule
09-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Cool. Is he the one with the Neon?

I really hope I can make it!

neonkitten63
09-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Are Bruce and Brian going???

contraption22
09-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Are Bruce and Brian going???

I txted Bruce but no response as of yet. Brian says he hopes to go.

thefitisgay
09-09-2008, 12:29 AM
LOL, too much blood sweat and tears go into my cars :nod:

Are you going Mike?

Tom are you gonna get your car going by then?

i hope... now its a money issue lol i wish i drove a honda cuz they run on hopes and dreams (im doin gas math haha)

on a happy note i am ICed now

uh any info on the registration and stuff? cuz i never did this before :p

moparzrule
09-09-2008, 05:50 AM
You pull up the the gate and pay $35, thats your registration :thumb:

Which IC did you end up putting in?

thefitisgay
09-09-2008, 08:38 PM
just a stock set up it runs so much better now... but i had to ditch my bov cuz my rubber connectors werent the right size

moparzrule
09-10-2008, 07:04 AM
Cool. How much boost are you running? I got a DSM bov mounted on a 2.25'' pipe here, needs a filter though. I can bring it with me.

Got the shadow running yesterday, drove it home. Still have to fix the brakes and tune a little so atleast I got a couple days to do that. It's a fresh engine too so I gotta drive it around some anyway so I can change the oil before I come down. Guess I'll go with some mobil 1, right now just running castrol GTX 10W40 for break in.

thefitisgay
09-11-2008, 01:48 AM
im just runnin stock 12 i could probably put it on pretty quick

stuffs kinda tight i promised the dude a decent chunk of change for the car by friday and my boss keeps stalling my paycheck and i was gunna scrap a car but its not in my name and idk where the title is (moms on vacation) lol

moparzrule
09-11-2008, 06:34 AM
Well you can atleast borrow it while we are there. Just bring some hose clamps.

contraption22
09-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Looks more and more like rain this saturday.

neonkitten63
09-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Ugh! :(

moparzrule
09-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Looks more and more like rain this saturday.

Only 30% chance right now....

contraption22
09-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Im keeping my hopes up.

thefitisgay
09-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Well you can atleast borrow it while we are there. Just bring some hose clamps.

lol thats what i was thinking to

looks like a wash out?

mcsvt
09-13-2008, 01:23 AM
Looking pretty crappy up here, pouring rain.

thefitisgay
09-13-2008, 01:43 AM
yea but i just checkedthe forcast online and it said it was gunna stop raining at the track around 10am i guessand it should be all hot and sunny... idk what to think

haha now that i think about it i dont think my zip tied in radiator and my 2 liter soda bottle overflow will pass tech inspection

moparzrule
09-13-2008, 06:33 AM
OK just last night at 10 PM I checked the weather.com for rising sun MD and it said 30% chance of rain until 10am and than partly cloudy after that. Now, just 8 hours later, it's not raining this morning nor is there any chance until 10am where it's a 30% chance of rain for the rest of the day.
Screw this crap, I'm going down. See you guys there whoever may come.

Tom, last time I went to cecil on a saturday T&T I never even popped my hood. Guy took one look at my car and was like OK you're good to go. LOL

guyd_15
09-13-2008, 06:58 AM
I live 20 minutes away the sky is clear (a few scattered clouds) and nothing on the weather radar.

Checked Cecil's website, closed last night looks like their open today.

neonkitten63
09-13-2008, 07:10 AM
They havent called it so I will be heading down in 45 minutes or so...hope to see you there!

thefitisgay
09-13-2008, 04:14 PM
OK just last night at 10 PM I checked the weather.com for rising sun MD and it said 30% chance of rain until 10am and than partly cloudy after that. Now, just 8 hours later, it's not raining this morning nor is there any chance until 10am where it's a 30% chance of rain for the rest of the day.
Screw this crap, I'm going down. See you guys there whoever may come.

Tom, last time I went to cecil on a saturday T&T I never even popped my hood. Guy took one look at my car and was like OK you're good to go. LOL

awww man i shoulda went... i couldnt get over how far it is if something went wrong and today driving my car around every once in a while it will smell like its burning crayons.... complete with smoke.... couldnt find anything on fire idk what it is it also feels a little slower after all those burn outs i did last night...:o

moparzrule
09-13-2008, 07:00 PM
A disappointing day for me. Turns out I got a bad batch of gas or something. I usually run 25 PSI on pump gas, but I was only running 20 PSI with backed off timing and still getting knock. The last race I did I ended up busting a piston, even a Wiseco. I had to drive home 2 hours on 3 cylinders, suckage! I was plenty rich, so it has to be timing which like I said I had it backed off from when I was running 25 PSI. Has to be the gas, should have stuck a couple gallons of good stuff in it, hindsight :rolleyes:
Also didn't get enough runs in to get my staging limiter going well. Best 60 ft was only a 1.93. Best run of the day was the last run I did which was racing a Z06 vette. With a 2.1 short time I ran a 13.502 to the vette's 13.575.........hahahaha got him by inches, but it cost me a piston! But he trapped 112 I was at 106. My car was kinda cutting out about the last 100 feet, I suppose thats when the piston broke. He was only on drag radials, and I guess he can't launch well either cuz he got a 2.4 short time.

contraption22
09-13-2008, 11:18 PM
Hey Matt, good to meet you. Sorry about your bad luck, but glad you got home ok!

moparzrule
09-14-2008, 06:56 AM
It was nice meeting you too Mike, and Joe too. Looks like the whole turbo mopar crowd there yesterday was having issues LOL. Did you figure out why you were running lean? How about Joe's neon, ever figure out what was wrong with it?
I was shocked I made it home, never drove that far on 3 cylinders LOL. This must be a bad breakage because I've never had a busted piston not register anything on the compression tester! Why I'm really hoping is that driving it home all that way didn't score the cylinder wall up badly.

contraption22
09-14-2008, 09:53 AM
It was nice meeting you too Mike, and Joe too. Looks like the whole turbo mopar crowd there yesterday was having issues LOL. Did you figure out why you were running lean? How about Joe's neon, ever figure out what was wrong with it?
I was shocked I made it home, never drove that far on 3 cylinders LOL. This must be a bad breakage because I've never had a busted piston not register anything on the compression tester! Why I'm really hoping is that driving it home all that way didn't score the cylinder wall up badly.

My brother never got his issues figured out. Brian and he figured out that he has no ignition advance. None of us have a clear idea what might cause that.

I don't know what happened to cause a lean condition on that one run. But I took an easy pass to see if the fuel was there and all was fine. I then turned up the wick some more and was back in action. I ran some 11.4's which were record passes and I also came to within a .1mph of 120, which is a goal.

I have to thank Brian Slowe for all his help yesterday. He very much could've taken the time to work on his own stuff, but instead he came down and spent his entire day helping my brother and I.

turbo2point2
09-15-2008, 06:38 AM
My brother never got his issues figured out. Brian and he figured out that he has no ignition advance. None of us have a clear idea what might cause that.

I'm lost on his car. Went home feeling defeated, but learned a lot.

I ran some 11.4's which were record passes and I also came to within a .1mph of 120, which is a goal.

Congrats on the great times Bud! I thought for sure she had a 120 in her. Just wait til November, that cool air will help out for sure.

I have to thank Brian Slowe for all his help yesterday. He very much could've taken the time to work on his own stuff, but instead he came down and spent his entire day helping my brother and I.

No sweat Mike. Glad to get to the track. I felt like I was wrenching on my own stuff.

Pat
09-15-2008, 07:16 AM

I don't know what happened to cause a lean condition on that one run. But I took an easy pass to see if the fuel was there and all was fine. I then turned up the wick some more and was back in action. I ran some 11.4's which were record passes and I also came to within a .1mph of 120, which is a goal.

11.4's....sweet Mike!

contraption22
09-15-2008, 08:17 AM
Thanks all! I will post timeslips tonight. I think with better weather, I can be a little bit closer to 10's.

I think I learned a bit about water injection... I'm not sure it's helping me. I need to monitor charge air temps.

J&G_BlueGLH
09-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Do we have a date yet for Mopar Day at Cecil? I know last year was in November, is that what we are looking at again for this year? Thanks! :thumb:

moparzrule
09-16-2008, 02:43 PM
The next test and tune on a saturday at cecil isn't until like november 8th anyway.

guyd_15
09-16-2008, 03:32 PM
see new thread Nov 15

moparzrule
09-16-2008, 03:34 PM
see new thread Nov 15

Yeah I just saw that, but that was just posted 30 minutes ago. I was just stating the first available T&T at cecil on a saturday isn't until the 8th of november.

jammin james
10-01-2008, 06:16 PM
will nov.8 be turbo dodge test and tune day at cecil?

contraption22
10-01-2008, 06:35 PM
will nov.8 be turbo dodge test and tune day at cecil?

Nope, It's 11/22