PDA

View Full Version : Throttle cable?

CSXRT4
09-04-2008, 09:22 PM
What are you guys doing for a throttle cable? I tried using my stock cable but it seems like the throttle return spring is a bit too weak to snap the throttle closed like it should. I dont want to have issues with a sticking throttle so I was just wondering if anybody has a good solution for this?

contraption22
09-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Why not add an extra throttle return spring? The spring is on the throttle shaft itself, not in the cable.

OmniLuvr
09-04-2008, 11:16 PM
my TII omni just broke some strands in the cable itself, it started as the throttle closing slowly, and then it stuck wide open:wow1: the strands broke where the cable goes through the firewall, they bunched up and got stuck in the housing. it wasnt fun trying to pilot the omni at 15psi through the curves with no throttle control, then no power assist brakes when i shut her down, good thing there was a long left hand sweeper to bring the ride to a stop! does anyone know where i can get a new cable????????????????

CSXRT4
09-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Why not add an extra throttle return spring? The spring is on the throttle shaft itself, not in the cable.

Yeah I was thinking about that. It just seems like an unprofessional way to do it though. I tried to wind the throttle return spring up a bit more to increase the tension but it just got into a bind so I had to give up on that :(

contraption22
09-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Wont look bad at all. Go to the local autoparts store and get a throttle return spring kit. Attatch it from the throttle cam to the throttle bracket.

Speedeuphoria
09-05-2008, 12:18 PM
get a new TB from the yard for $10, and check to see if the cable is binding somewhere, heck grab a cable with the TB for $10

turbovanmanČ
09-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Yeah I was thinking about that. It just seems like an unprofessional way to do it though. I tried to wind the throttle return spring up a bit more to increase the tension but it just got into a bind so I had to give up on that :(

Why? probably 60% of the cars on the road have some sort of external return spring. ;)