PDA

View Full Version : 525 Reverse Gear Question

minigts
09-04-2008, 09:13 PM
No doubt this would be put here, so I'm going to forgo posting in the lounge and save everyone some time, even though I'm afraid this won't get too much attention here. :(

I have a 525 that has a busted up reverse gear, shown below. This is the only real problem I have with my car at the moment and would like to continue using this transmission until I get my 568 built and ready to go in the car.

The question I have is, will a 568 reverse gear work? If not, does ANYONE have this gear lying around anywhere and unwanted? I need this like ASAP. If you have one you don't need or can part, I would greatly appreciate it. I have the 568, but I don't want to tear it down unless that gear is in there. Anyone know?

tryingbe
09-04-2008, 09:57 PM
L-body is light enough for you to push backward....

minigts
09-04-2008, 11:29 PM
jerk.

minigts
09-04-2008, 11:29 PM
just kidding. :D The main problem is that it's causing problems in 5th because when 5th is engaged, this gear is interlocked with the other. Causing serious road noise in the process.

badandy
09-05-2008, 01:08 PM
just kidding. :D The main problem is that it's causing problems in 5th because when 5th is engaged, this gear is interlocked with the other. Causing serious road noise in the process.

Get in touch with Ken and Reeves and the gang...I'm sure someone has something. I have a busted 520 that I'm unsure if it uses the same gear or not but if so you are welcome to it...just let me know and I'll yank it and send it to ya!