PDA

View Full Version : PT Cruiser Turbo motor ?

METZ
09-02-2008, 05:45 PM
I am looking at buying a motor from a 2003 PT Cruiser turbo for a swap later on. Is this the same motor as the SRT4? It's in a wreck so I'm thinking I better get the wiring harness and computer. It's an automatic but I want to go manual. Is there anything else I better get while the getting is good?

Thanks,
Bob

METZ
09-03-2008, 10:06 AM
I bought the motor for $700.00 with the computer and wiring harness. I think this would is better then my original idea of doing a hybrid engine. It has 43000 miles. I hope the internals are the same as the SRT4. I plan on doing a rwd swap with it using a Supra trans. Probably will end up in a Conquest body.

t3rse
09-03-2008, 11:14 AM
very minor differences

John B
09-03-2008, 12:56 PM
I think the big difference is the intercooler. The PT cooler is smaller.

t3rse
09-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Intake manifold, thermostat housing, among others....

METZ
09-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Interesting. It did have a small intercooler. I will most likely change the intake. I was wondering if the turbos were the same and what sort of HP the stock turbo will support? I remember seeing high output on the car somewhere if that means anything. From what Ive read the injectors are smaller and the computer may be tuned for less HP compared to the SRT4.
I'm picking it up Sat. He is pulling out the motor and I get to pull out the engine harness. Anyone no where the engine computer is? I'm sure I can find it but it might be helpfull to know before I get there. I'm hoping I don't have to pull the interior harness to get everything I need. :confused2: