PDA

View Full Version : Are BF Goodrich G Force TA drag radials anygood?

turbovanmanČ
08-29-2008, 02:02 AM
My slicks are pretty well done and can't afford new ones and no one has any good used ones so I found these locally, one pass, 225/50R16 for a wicked price. Are they any good or should I just wait for slicks?

Marcus86GLHS
08-29-2008, 05:09 AM
i had the G Forces on my omni for a while they are fantastic, i almost got into the 12's on those tires. but of course you know no drag radial is as good as a slick at the track.

moparzrule
08-29-2008, 07:07 AM
Well with a 2.5L it's a world of difference. In my daytona with a 2.2L I cut a 1.89 60ft with the BFG drag radials. In the shadow with a 2.5L, it blew the tires away like nothing and I only mustered a 2.7 60 ft. This is with a 5 speed though.

So with a 2.5L, I would wait for slicks, but you say these tires are a super cheap price? If they are ridiculously cheap I would buy them anyway and run them on the street for some street fun haha.

Captain Chaos
08-29-2008, 09:23 AM
I used them on my SRT-4 with fair results. But honestly I felt I left a couple tenths on the table by not having slicks. If its all you can find and you need some sticky tires, I say give em a try. If they're that great of a deal and they don't work for you sell em for what you paid for them. :thumb:

Oh yeah the best part, I drove to the track and home on them. Sometimes 400-500 miles round trip!

Ondonti
08-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Use your old slicks until they die :P
Will be better then summer tires.
Save for new slicks

turbovanmanČ
08-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Alright, thanks guys. Maybe if I can chew him down a bit more I'll try them. I know my van is hard to launch, even on slicks. :o

black86glhs
08-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Alright, thanks guys. Maybe if I can chew him down a bit more I'll try them. I know my van is hard to launch, even on slicks. :o
Especially when it is running right....oh wait....you should be able to launch quite well, then!!!!!:drum:
Sorry man, couldn't help it.:hail:

DodgeZdad
08-29-2008, 02:36 PM
I used them on my SRT-4 with fair results. But honestly I felt I left a couple tenths on the table by not having slicks. If its all you can find and you need some sticky tires, I say give em a try. If they're that great of a deal and they don't work for you sell em for what you paid for them. :thumb:

Oh yeah the best part, I drove to the track and home on them. Sometimes 400-500 miles round trip!
I've had 4 sets of these and got around 6 or 7 thousand miles on them on the street with 2.0 60 ft times.
I got a 1.9 60ft using 'track stick' last month. Its a spray chemical that I got from a local performance shop.

turbovanmanČ
08-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Especially when it is running right....oh wait....you should be able to launch quite well, then!!!!!:drum:
Sorry man, couldn't help it.:hail:

Man oh man, if you were any closer??????? :mad: ;)

black86glhs
08-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Man oh man, if you were any closer??????? :mad: ;)

Simon,
Yeah, I deserve it for that comment.:fencing: That, from the guy(me) who owned the car since 2001 and just now got it running....LMAO.:cheer2: