PDA

View Full Version : Charger axle seals...

LaserGurl
08-29-2008, 12:56 AM
Hey all!

It seems as though the computers at autozone, o'reilys, and advance are convinced that axle seals (where the axle shaft goes into the transmission) for my 86 shelby charger do not exist. Am I asking for the wrong thing? Are they all just morons??

Anyways, where can I find a pair of these???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Tifany

BadAssPerformance
08-29-2008, 01:03 AM
Maybe NAPA? I know NAPA carries the '87+ large spline ones, but Advance does too...

bgbmxer
08-29-2008, 01:14 AM
always go to napa first they have them i got them for my 86 and if not go to dealer

135sohc
08-29-2008, 01:35 AM
National oil seal 3459

mopar 4412522AB

used 82-07

turbovanmanČ
08-29-2008, 01:38 AM
Are they all just morons??

Anyways, where can I find a pair of these???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Tifany

Yep, if its not in the book, they don't have a clue, :(

135sohc
08-29-2008, 02:18 AM
Yep, if its not in the book, they don't have a clue, :(

I let them look for it in their computer first. they say it doesnt exist, I provide a p/n and its like magic. it suddenly exists!!! after just not existing 30 seconds ago :mad:

the local chain store uses computers now. but even they still know how to look in the catalog :eek:

turbovanmanČ
08-29-2008, 02:43 AM
I let them look for it in their computer first. they say it doesnt exist, I provide a p/n and its like magic. it suddenly exists!!! after just not existing 30 seconds ago :mad:

the local chain store uses computers now. but even they still know how to look in the catalog :eek:

Sorry, meant computers, most of the old timers know how to find stuff using the computer and/or books. Newbies don't have a clue, :(

LaserGurl
08-30-2008, 12:44 AM
Thanx guys!

Putting my charger back together again has been a really frustrating experiance! Somedays I wonder if its worth it... but then I look at her and imagine eating mustangs! HEH!

Anyways, I definatly appreciate the nudge in the right direction, especialy the part #s! Sadly theres not a NAPA in town any more, but Im gonna be in tulsa this weekend so maybe if Im lucky I can get what I need. If not, Ill check the local dealership monday. I usually forget about going there for some reason.

Lotsa Hugs guys! and thanks again!

Tifany

turbovanmanČ
08-30-2008, 02:53 AM
You can use the 4 digit part number at any parts store, they can just cross reference it to the're stocking brand.