PDA

View Full Version : Breake Booster: What options...

MopàrBCN
08-27-2008, 04:17 AM
Hi,

I am struggling to get a replacement for my broken brake booster.

Now, I did get a remanufactored unit but when it got here it was worse then my broken unit. I partly could blame it on problems during shippment but looking at it closely I saw things that eliminated my confidence in "re-manufactored" as such. And we are talking about a company with reputation.

Now my question:

What alternatives are there? I couldn't find "new" ones searching for my car. All was remanufactored. However, there shouldn't be too much secret in the construction of a brake booster as far as I understand it.

In the Hot Rodding world there are some models on sale which come with a Chrysler Style Master Cylinder. What (apart from that it may not be direct fit) speaks against going for one of those?

Maybe someone has had the same problem then I have and came up with another solution.

So, basically I am interested in this:

1. A source (shop) who may sell NEW brake boosters (direct fit)

2. Maybe boosters of other Car Makes/Models would more or less direct fit in our cars so I would be interested to know those

3. Maybe I am paranoid after one bad experience and all of you tell me "rebuilt brake boosters are generally a reliable way to get it done".

You see, I am basically at a point without direction. Anything may help....