PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

GLHSKEN
08-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Appreciate your "finding" things on the R/t. Just need the car to be reliable (and a bit quicker) for Brant over the school year...

Service is top notch....

glhs727
08-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Don't worry....Kevyn will take good care of your "parts car":thumb:
later,
Cindy

GLHSKEN
08-27-2008, 08:59 PM
LOL... as previously stated (after todays findings)... Fix it. LOL OMG.... Damn 16V.... fixed quicker is better :) talked to Kev.. Understand. Do what is needed in the shortest time period. Do it right...

And thanks..

glhs727
08-27-2008, 11:12 PM
Aye, aye, captain:nod:

GLHSKEN
08-28-2008, 06:06 AM
Lol ;)

GLHSKEN
08-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Again... Thanks... WAY above expected... Much appreciated

GLHSKEN
09-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Conclusion.....

The RT had a warped head causing coolant loss (steam out the side). FWDP diagnosed and fixed it. Kevin was giving Brant crap the whole time... Had Brant convinced at one point the head had fallen off the truck on the way to the machine shop. Found a bad cam and replaced. Bad turbo, replaced. Back together it went. Out on the test drive... uh oh... bad sound. Back to the shop... spun rod.:mad:

Oh hell. Brant's 1200 miles from home. No car... Kevin has a block in Dallas. Brings it down. Quickie rebuild with new bearings, seals, and rings. Replaced the slipping clutch with a four puck... Threw my +20's in and chipped my spare computer (gratis, and thanks). Turned the car around in 1 week.

Thank you so much. :clap: Big burden lifted from the family here. Had you not been there taking a personal interest in helping Brant, he would have had the car down for a month maybe more at any other shop... :thumb:

The bad part.... Brant has already dusted a 350Z, an RX7, a Mustang GT, and held even with a 90's Vette (driver gave a thumbs up and a WTF look.. That made him laugh).. This is all on the 10psi the car is graingered to.:nod:

shelbyES
09-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Kudos on the car kills!!!:thumb:

GLHSKEN
09-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Wait til he goes to the computer 15psi ;)

2.216VTurbo
09-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Conclusion.....

The RT had a warped head causing coolant loss (steam out the side). FWDP diagnosed and fixed it. Kevin was giving Brant crap the whole time... Had Brant convinced at one point the head had fallen off the truck on the way to the machine shop. Found a bad cam and replaced. Bad turbo, replaced. Back together it went. Out on the test drive... uh oh... bad sound. Back to the shop... spun rod.:mad:

Oh hell. Brant's 1200 miles from home. No car... Kevin has a block in Dallas. Brings it down. Quickie rebuild with new bearings, seals, and rings. Replaced the slipping clutch with a four puck... Threw my +20's in and chipped my spare computer (gratis, and thanks). Turned the car around in 1 week.

Thank you so much. :clap: Big burden lifted from the family here. Had you not been there taking a personal interest in helping Brant, he would have had the car down for a month maybe more at any other shop... :thumb:

The bad part.... Brant has already dusted a 350Z, an RX7, a Mustang GT, and held even with a 90's Vette (driver gave a thumbs up and a WTF look.. That made him laugh).. This is all on the 10psi the car is graingered to.:nod:

You really believe Brant left the Grainger at 10PSI?:confused: Dream on Dad...

GLHSKEN
09-20-2008, 09:17 PM
You really believe Brant left the Grainger at 10PSI?:confused: Dream on Dad...

Yes it is... He's blown up 3 engines already.... This is his last one. He is learning... After the oil change on the fresh block, it goes to computer controll....

He has a GLHS at home with a 300hp engine ready for it. He knows this car needs to get him through this yeer..

1984rampage
09-20-2008, 11:47 PM
wow, ur kid sounds like me! im on my 3rd engine and my dad told me its the last one hes helping me work on and if i blow it up again hes gonna sell it lol

GLHSKEN
09-21-2008, 12:04 PM
No my kid was rebelious and refused to check oil in the 1st 2 despite having issues. He has matured a lot in the last year. I'm proud of him for that... (he's actually had another go out, that one was my fault...)

1qk4dr
09-21-2008, 12:11 PM
"Brant has already dusted a 350Z, an RX7, a Mustang GT, and held even with a 90's Vette" Quote

Ken this sounded like the line up of races I did when my RT was running minus the 350Z because my car ran a 300ZX,lol.

Hope all goes well with your son's RT.

shelbydave
09-23-2008, 09:21 PM
He has a GLHS at home with a 300hp engine ready for it. He knows this car needs to get him through this yeer..

Want another kid? I'll take care of the GLHS... :D