PDA

View Full Version : degreeing cams

turbocolt2.4L
08-26-2008, 07:18 PM
hopefully someone here will be able to shed some light on this,i have been trying to degree my cams on my car but cant seen to find any real good info if anyone in the new haven ct area could help me out i would be willing to give 2 hours chassis dyno time ,no bs'ers please BTW its a 2.4l with crane 20's i have all the tools and shop to do it in.

ohiorob
08-26-2008, 09:01 PM
give Darrell Cox a call 336-623-6611. he should be able to help you out.
hows the rear suspension working out for you ?

turbocolt2.4L
08-27-2008, 06:24 AM
called darrell and e-mailed him no responce yet .the car is backtogether had it on dyno but waterpump crapped out changed it and decided to try to degree, 463hp/320ftlbs with 26psi and major boost leak.thanx rob

Russ Jerome
08-28-2008, 07:01 PM
The end result of tuning a DOHC setup will be the same for all 4 stroke gasoline motors so there is a lot to read up on from other sites (Honda/VW ect).

Here is the first link I found (im on my laptop away from my computer) and it echo's what all the other sites confirm. The DSM ones are very in depth:
http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=10&TopicID=27552&PageMsg=Viewing+Common+Topic

They mention it in the story above, dont rely on anybody elses experience tune your car one step at a time. The track and the guidlines on topics like above will confirm what a dyno (expensive) cant. Im looking for a DSM spreadsheet a guy made and posted, "advancing intake while retarding exhaust will move power#####".