PDA

View Full Version : solution for badly needed window scrapers ?

135sohc
08-26-2008, 01:47 AM
after reading and seeing the posting on the *other* site where someone used GM beltline weatherstrips on their Daytona

are G body ones anything like P body ones ?

either style. 87-90 or the 91+ ones.

rich tideswell
08-26-2008, 07:26 PM
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f8/f34/35166-window-door-seals-update-15.html

135sohc
08-26-2008, 08:42 PM
I didnt want to post the link and get flamed for it given the relations between the 2 sites...

but anyways
I have never seen the daytona ones in person, they appear different from P body ones but I'm not sure how much is the angle of the picture throwing it off.

anybody have both and could do a side profile picture ?

Clay
08-26-2008, 09:29 PM
I didnt want to post the link and get flamed for it given the relations between the 2 sites...

We dont care. Thats good stuff, thanks!!

WVRampage
08-26-2008, 09:39 PM
What are the part numbers for the ones that fit the daytona....

Anonymous_User
08-27-2008, 02:52 AM
for those that won't go over there (I quit going there when I had to stop using firefox at work, so no adblocker):

Outside window scrapers for daytona...gotta source...requires modification. i've been looking for these for years...started looking at seals on other cars...mopar, gm, ford. found the solution. 94 camaro... remove the factory clip on the camaro seal, lay out the original seal and cut to length at the mirror end. mark and drill mounting holes in the new seal (requires removing material from the inside surface with a razor blade). it takes a lot of effort, but the result looks factory.

i would imagine they would work for non t-top cars...you may have to cut the end at the b-pillar to fit properly...the camaro seals are identical on the outside if the door at the b-pillarfor the t-top cars...required a bit of modification on the portion inside the door. i'm guessing they will fit the same on a full door car. i can get a part number for the pass side seal (still in package inside my car), but i just called the GM dealer and ordered them per application (93 + camaro / firebird). if i remember correctly, they were about $70 per side. plan on spending a few hours to replace them...gotta mark mounting holes from the old seal and drill them into the new part, cut to length, and then make a few adjsutments here and there, then readjust the window after installation. will post pass side part number when i can, but like i said, i ordered by application.

Passenger side seal, GM part #102842222. Not sure of the # for left side, package is long gone

Information quoted from zips11 on turbododge.com. He also provided some pics of the finished product and it looks factory. No, I didn't get his permission, but I credited him, so if anyone has a problem they can KMA.

rich tideswell
08-27-2008, 12:16 PM

Most of us are on both sites, so who cares..... good info is still good info regardless of where it is.

tryingbe
08-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Most of us are on both sites, so who cares..... good info is still good info regardless of where it is.

And some of us are banned from that site.

135sohc
08-27-2008, 09:41 PM
heres fairchild industries version:

http://www.fairchildind.com/app/vehicle_search.asp?make=2&model=Camaro+%26+Firebird&year=44&Go=Go

G2105-6

lists the gm p/n also

10284222 pass side

10284223 driver side

inmyshadow
08-28-2008, 05:29 PM
The 92-93 Gbody weather strips are similar to 91 Pbody strips. I parted out a daytona with really nice strips last year. I compared them to my 2dr shadow's strips. They matched the contour of the shadow's molding, but not the length. The shadow strips are about an inch longer then daytonas.

Luckily I have several nice sets of shadow strips saved for my convertible.

later

after reading and seeing the posting on the *other* site where someone used GM beltline weatherstrips on their Daytona

are G body ones anything like P body ones ?

either style. 87-90 or the 91+ ones.