PDA

View Full Version : It pays to be visible...

2.216VTurbo
08-23-2008, 01:18 PM
THis morning I was at the Cars and Coffee show in Irvine representing TM.com with my TM shirt on:clap: I had discussions with a couple of folks interested in FWD Mopars, heck one guy comes up and asks me if I remember the TC Maseratis:rockon: He sadi he has a piston from one that sits on his desk at work. Turns out Glenn works for Chrysler Training, runs a Neon Challenge car, and knows Erik Hueschelle:eyebrows::clap2: So he will be at our next SoCal meet:eyebrows:

Then just as I am leaving, S is running and I am just rolling out, a guy asks me if I am interested in an original GLHS for sale:wow1: But I was in a hurry so I said no and pulled away Yeah Right:p

Turns out the guy lives about 40 miles away, has never been to the CNC before and 'has too many cars' and needs to sell a couple.:eyebrows: He bought his 86 GLHS new and it has "20 or 25K miles, something like that" on it and has been sitting in the garage and hasn't run for years. Hmm, how long should I wait before I call him:D? He wouldn't give me a price because he has no idea what to ask for it, I'm sure he is thinking like $1000. or something:faint:

cordes
08-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Snap up that S car. You know you want one.

t3rse
08-23-2008, 02:00 PM
you are a lucky -------

johnl
08-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Alan - got his number? I'll give him a call.:lol:

BadAssPerformance
08-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Nice story... I'll get in the "I want the S car" line :D

Mopar318
08-23-2008, 02:41 PM
He wanted 1k. Until he seen the shirt, and came to the website, seeing how rare the car is.