PDA

View Full Version : Are the 3.0 codes same as the 2.2/2.5?

JDAWG
08-19-2008, 08:48 PM
I have code 25 and 41. If the code list is the same 41 is something with the alt but it has a dead battery so i am assuming thats the prob. But i get code 24, something with the AIS, will theis cause a no start? It cranks but no fuel. Or are the codes diff for 3.0?

Ondonti
08-19-2008, 09:36 PM
SBEC or SMEC codes should be the same but they will have little notes that say "turbo only" or something like that if they dont apply to all cars.

Ondonti
08-19-2008, 09:37 PM
AIS wont cause no start.

Do you have spark?

JDAWG
08-19-2008, 10:00 PM
its not at my house so I have only messed with it a little, not sure yet, I pulled the lines off the rail and ofcourse no fuel, also I cant hear the pump prime. Im gonna try to get out there tom and check spark, just have a couple hours in the evening to mess with it. I did pull the cap and the rotor turns so I figured the timing belt is ok, dont know much about 3.0s. I was gonna try starting fluid in the tb today but didnt have time cause i locked the keys in it lol. Didnt really have any tools with me so had to wait for someone to bring out some wedges and a long stick so I could hit the lock button.