PDA

View Full Version : SD/TD Race/Meet at Qualcomm Stadium 8/22/08!!

JonsGottaDusta
08-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Hey Everyone,
I talked to a couple of the TM guys and they want to get a little TD invasion down at Race Legal on Friday night. I know its short notice but we are looking for anyone in SoCal that wants to come show what they've got.
Here is the schedule for the night:
* Gate and tech open at 6:00 PM sharp.
* Racing begins 6:30 PM.
* Tech closes at 10:30 PM.
* Racing ends at 12:00 AM.

It costs $30 to race.

Here is a link to the website: http://racelegal.com/web/requirements.asp

Hope to see you guys out there!

- Jon

p.s. It will be my b-day for all those that want to come bearing gifts *ahem*Alan*ahem*.:D:D:evil:

SoCalCSX
08-19-2008, 06:20 PM
I'll be there in the PT fo sho:D

Maybe with the hard turbo to airbox pipe, hard lower IC pipe, K&N, gutted airbox, and no passenger I can get into the 9's :lol:

SoCalCSX
08-20-2008, 01:25 AM
Bueller.....Bueller.......I know you San Diego folks are out there, I see you driving around.........

johnl
08-20-2008, 02:07 AM
Nah, I'll be here -

http://www.trackdaz.com/

2.216VTurbo
08-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Meh, I've had the family outta town in a few western states, got some serious catching up to do around the yard/garage. Four huge Eucalyptus conspire to spoil my sunset view every couple of years so they lose the last 35' when they try it:evil: If you get up this way Jon, I'll give you as much firewood as you can carry for your B-day:) I'd be a bit more excited about Q-Com if it had a full 1320':( Fontana is putting in lights and they are gonna start Friday nights there soon:eyebrows:

My money is on Branden's PT for putting the Dusta to shame:lol: A 14.99 (converted) is in that thing I know it...

SoCalCSX
08-20-2008, 06:16 PM
I'll def make the trip up when Fontucky gets going, pretty easy drive from here although the Friday traffic might suck.

hmm, 14.99(converted).....it's only 4/10ths off my current times. Maybe I'll even let some air out of the tires this time and replace the muffler with straight pipe:evil:

Meh, I've had the family outta town in a few western states, got some serious catching up to do around the yard/garage. Four huge Eucalyptus conspire to spoil my sunset view every couple of years so they lose the last 35' when they try it:evil: If you get up this way Jon, I'll give you as much firewood as you can carry for your B-day:) I'd be a bit more excited about Q-Com if it had a full 1320':( Fontana is putting in lights and they are gonna start Friday nights there soon:eyebrows:

My money is on Branden's PT for putting the Dusta to shame:lol: A 14.99 (converted) is in that thing I know it...

JonsGottaDusta
08-20-2008, 07:17 PM
I actually could use some firewood.... stocking up for winter for the fireplace :P

SoCalCSX
08-22-2008, 12:04 AM
Bump for tomorrow......

K&N in, turbo2airbox hard pipe done, hard lower IC pipe done, airbox gutted, muffler off and straight pipe on:amen:

johnl
08-25-2008, 08:29 PM
What happened?

SoCalCSX
08-25-2008, 08:38 PM
I couldn't hook for the life of me. I know the PT is faster than last time because I was trapping 1-2mph higher than a couple weeks ago but with worse 60' times. I think it was a combo of things. The track was slippery, replacing my rubber IC pipes with hard pipes doesn't allow any swell so boost is instant.

Sucks I already need some DR's/slicks with an almost stock setup but I think I'll wait til I get a few more things done before I consider them.

One funny thing did happen though, a biker looped out off the line and took out the tree. I only say it's funny because he was ok besides the bruised ego.

rosie
09-25-2008, 02:27 AM
WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS MET UP ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!! Jeez us krimaney!!!

I just dropped off my GLH to get the 3 inch put on and I'm at the last step of Diag so I want some new times with the exhaust and 14psi (narrowed it down to ONE thing) and consistant boost. My track times were all over the place as a couple runs I had 7, then 10 then 11 then 7. Got a consistant 12 now and that one thing will put it at 14.

Those times will be compared to my +40% and 3 bar cal that's in the mail from austria tomorrow. Should have it in a month.

I haven't seen a TD around in SD in a LONG time. Just heard about em. And what do you know, on my way back from exhaust guys house in my scamp, I get/give a what's up to a black omni that I almost dismissed as a rabbit. I alway see rabbits and get all excited thinking it's a GLH. Searched for San Diego and BAM!.. You guys got together last friday. :(

Making a new post cuz I'm tired and have let this one run on. Hopefully I don't have the slowest car (PT excluded) in SD!!! SD guys, look for the BBQ post.

rosie
09-25-2008, 10:15 PM
[QUOTE=rosie;376849]haven't seen a TD around in SD in a LONG time. Just heard about em. And what do you know, on my way back from exhaust guys house in my scamp, I get/give a what's up to a black omni that I almost dismissed as a rabbit.QUOTE]

I guess I lied. I have seen a turbo dodge guy around. It was 2 years ago but I got his number and never really hung out with him. That was him last night on his way to having his axle snap on him. Called me today asking about it.

Anybody in SD have a long axle or intermediate shaft AND axle for an L body I can buy? He wants to pull it off a car I want to use to convert the Scamps four lug up to 5.

Rosie