PDA

View Full Version : A feature of the forum that would be nice. :D

minigts
08-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Ok this may be a long shot, but I would like to ask if there is a way to possibly not have certain threads come back up like checking a box or something? That would be nice because there are either threads that don't have anything to do with me or ones I am just not really interested in. And there are tons on page 2 or 3 that I may be interested in that I usually don't get to. Not to mention it would probably bring some older threads that lose attention back in the spotlight.

Just a thought. :D

cordes
08-19-2008, 06:06 PM
If you go down to the bottom of the page there is a similar threads function which is better than nothing. I bet making customized pages with all of our anticipated likes would be pretty hard to do, but who knows.

minigts
08-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Well this is more having the option of a thread to be displayed or not when viewing new threads, like an omission of what is available. Not sure how customizable that would be, but just a thought.

BadAssPerformance
08-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Interesting idea.... I subcribe (w/o notice) to each thread I post in and then just use the 'subscribed threads' link... so if I dont have time to surf i can just see whats new in the active ones.

Moved to 'board discussion'

cordes
08-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Interesting idea.... I subcribe (w/o notice) to each thread I post in and then just use the 'subscribed threads' link... so if I dont have time to surf i can just see whats new in the active ones.

Moved to 'board discussion'

That is what I do also, but I can see where Jon is coming from. It does take a long time to sift through the threads if you have been away for a couple of days or can't get on all the time like some of us do.

Frank
08-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Not exactly feasible. Sorry

minigts
08-19-2008, 08:30 PM
No one asked you Frank!!!!....Wait, yes I did. :D JK I was thinking it would be a field in a table that had a Y or N. You have a cookie on the computer that addresses your account at a server level or something and when your account flags a thread with a Y, it doesn't pull it into the new Thread list....or something to that nature. I don't know!

Frank
08-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Well the problem is keeping track of the threads in the database per user. That is a lot of threads per a lot of users, which means a lot of records which would increase the server load a lot. In addition, it requires quite a bit of coding to achieve.

88_pacifica
08-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Did I interpret this correctly? Is it the same as this:

I would like to be able to unsubscribe from a thread and NOT ever see it again in my history. I know that there is a list of 20 pages I posted in way back when and it seems that I can never remove to less than 20 pages, even when I unsubscribe. Is this the same general issue Mr Trotter was inquiring about?

88_pacifica
07-11-2011, 06:42 PM
^^^ HA! Guess what thread popped up when I was going through my '2 million threads' archive that I have now that I'm trying to delete. I was looking to see if I could delete a subscription to a dumb thread permanently and I guess I forgot the answer.

Karma huh....?? :thumb:

BadAssPerformance
07-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Lol...

mcsvt
07-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Can I request a feature too? Embeded videos don't show up on my iOS device here, but do on other forums, is that a setting? I can't even tell a post has them.

mcsvt
07-22-2011, 07:30 AM
Can I request a feature too? Embeded videos don't show up on my iOS device here, but do on other forums, is that a setting? I can't even tell a post has them.I'll take no response as a no way.

Frank
07-22-2011, 11:53 AM
It probably has to do that these are flash players and iOS sucks. ;).

I will look into it more.

mcsvt
07-22-2011, 06:37 PM
It probably has to do that these are flash players and iOS sucks. ;).I will look into it more.Figured it could be a setting since embedded YouTube works on lxforums, guess they just don't hate on iOS ... :)