PDA

View Full Version : csx vnt vacuum line routing in laymans terms please?

bluneon
08-18-2008, 06:19 PM
considering that my problem most likely is vacuum related AND i had to build my vacuum harness from scratch, i'm doubting that i have my lines routed correctly. the sticker under the hood is very vague.

i was wondering if anyone could write up in laymans terms which lines connect which components and where.

thanks.

DC Turismo
08-19-2008, 12:55 AM
Give me some free time here and considering mine is still untouched stock routing, I'll do a quick writeup for you next time I'm at my garage Simon.

bluneon
08-19-2008, 11:20 AM
i was able to trace all of my lines last night. everything is correct. what really helped was that i stole the bulk of the vacuum harness from my daytona shelby vnt so all i had to do was plug the junk in. there were certain areas where i didn't know which line went where and was verified correct last night.

putting this motor together there were only 2 nipples i was questionable about. the 2 on the charge side of the turbo. the sticker shows 1 is plugged and the other is ran to vnt#3. i had only 1 vacuum line left to run. i took a chance so i plugged one and ran the line to the other nipple. considering my chances (which aren't good at anything), it was no surprise that i had plugged the wrong nipple.

so last night i took another chance and swapped the line to the other nipple, test drove the car and now everything seems to run waaaay better. no more stalling out when slowing down, car actually pulls rather than bog the crap down.