PDA

View Full Version : 87 2.2 carb

TeddyZ
03-18-2006, 03:44 PM
well i have this weird problem. 87 2.2 omni with a carb. changed the distributor and fuel pump. my catalitic was plugged so i cut it off. now. my engine is running really rich,is my carb no good. i have a new carb and still does the same thing. do i need to hook back up all the vaccuum lines? or just what is nessary. i am stumped. can anyone help me?
a note. i have no air pump. i have a feedback and a non feed back carb. both seem to be running rich. would my mechanical pump be pumping more fuel. it is a hi flow. i changed the distributor. would that cause me the problem.? i had a plugged exhaust to the point the car would stall when it was warm. now it can breathe it wants more fuel...:ballchain: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

help!!!
TeddyZ

deuce dodge
03-19-2006, 08:31 AM
easy

TeddyZ

this is gonna sound crazy...but if I had a 87 2.2 carbed omni their is only one solution.......and this will be complex.

1.find a local oval dirt track

2.find out who any of the mini/compact/4 cylinder drivers are.

3.locate one of the guys running 2.2 carbed mopar.(alot of em have run them with great success)

4.that is the guy to let reach under your hood and perform MAGIC!

5.sure....others may scoff at such a complex plan.......but their is always a next level in advice.

by the way i would love to live in EDMONTON.......what a great place.

deuce

Force Fed Mopar
03-19-2006, 09:25 AM
Put a Weber on it :)

I would try hooking all the vacuum lines back up like they are supposed to be first and see what that does for you. Also, make sure your timing is right and that you didn't get the plug wires switched around somehow when chenging the distributor.

TeddyZ
03-20-2006, 04:20 AM
Put a Weber on it :)

I would try hooking all the vacuum lines back up like they are supposed to be first and see what that does for you. Also, make sure your timing is right and that you didn't get the plug wires switched around somehow when chenging the distributor.

what car came with webers??? i would loveone but to buy one is ouch

bobr19
03-20-2006, 07:54 AM
my engine is running really rich,---- i have no air pump. i have a feedback and a non feed back carb. ...:ballchain: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

help!!!
TeddyZ
Check the electric choke--these chokes get their power thru half the oil pressure switch--won't start to open unless engine has oil pressure--in cold weather the chokes just bearly have enough electrical heat to open fully--may-be that was reason cat was plugged in first place--block the choke open and try it--bobr19

TeddyZ
03-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Check the electric choke--these chokes get their power thru half the oil pressure switch--won't start to open unless engine has oil pressure--in cold weather the chokes just bearly have enough electrical heat to open fully--may-be that was reason cat was plugged in first place--block the choke open and try it--bobr19

runs great now but sitting at the lights or in park it idles irradically. but great while driving